LED by-the-inch

TangoDown

May 22, 2010
Montana
Anybody have any experience with the Able2 Sho-me LED By The Inch?? Saw a couple installs on YouTube where they used them, and it appeared to be fairly bright. Wasn't sure if it would be an economical alternative to purchasing an interior lightbar.

cory y

May 21, 2010
ive used them before, they are Gen 1 and only double stacked. I wouldnt use them for primary use but secondary they are fine

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW
I've checked out the gen 1 Sho-Me by-the-inch lights. My opinion is they're plenty bright and well built, can't stare directly at them without nearly going blind. But I used them for indoor display only, not real-world. So take it for whatever it's worth...

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Dont think they are bright enough for a primary light. They are only 5mm. I know OwlEmt on youbube puts them on all the federal cars he does. I wouldnt put it in my car as a primary light.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
ark_firefighter said:
Get a hold of Greg @ Microman...his bars are generation 3 and at the same pricing as Able 2

http://www.micromanindustries.com

He's an ELB member too...

+ 1. I would much sooner purchase from Microman VS the gen 1 option from the other company. I've seen both in person- there is no comparison, other than the price tag being basically the same. ;)

Steady Red

May 23, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I would not recommend them. As already mentioned they are Gen 1 and you can get some newer stuff that is much better. I own several of the LED-by-the-inch, and have had several of the diodes die in two of the sections.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I have several of these lightheads and they are great for secondary lighting. Not so hot for primary, but mine have been trouble free, completely customizable, low draw, and *relatively* cheap. The upcharge for blue is silly, imo.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I use to have them as primary lighting and was not good at clearing traffic in the bright Texas sun i would not recommend them at all :eek:

May 21, 2010
Calhoun, TN
My wife had one in red/amber in her rear window a few years ago & it worked well for the application & was cheaper than other options, but since microman is around now you're better off going with one of his bars for the same $$$. They are much brighter.

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
I made my own flashback using double thick card board ... i know it sounds retarted but the box was free I had the spray paint and the glue laying around ... why spend 10+ dollars plus shipping when you can make one...

rcpd34

Jun 11, 2010
MD
We use them all of the time on Federal vehicles. They spec them. Not a great primary light, but a very easy install and they work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.