LED Cadet throw light?

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
So I was thinking of something different to have if I want to use a throw light. Hmm what do you think of this idea?

ai1250.photobucket.com_albums_hh523_deputy313_th_Cadet001_zpse116572f.jpg

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Nice and bright, but you sacrifice the 360 degree coverage that most want from a throw light.

Even if 360 coverage is not an issue, "throw" is probably not going to happen. I would think that the light would have to be carefully placed and aimed to capture the effectiveness of the directional LEDs.

I do like innovation though!

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
The answers so far was some of the things I was thinking. Wanted to see if it has been done (should have figured it was) and see what the general consensus was.

Thanks

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
ch31391 said:
The answers so far was some of the things I was thinking. Wanted to see if it has been done (should have figured it was) and see what the general consensus was.

Thanks

I wonder if that would be better with some of the feniex F6 heads... :undecided:

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
foxtrot5 said:
I wonder if that would be better with some of the feniex F6 heads... :undecided:

F6? Is that a new one coming out? :undecided: LOL

No room for the T6 although I did consider a Cannon in red and mount it so it rotates. Hmm JK

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Firefly Berlin said:
Ok, so you want a throw light like the cadet but with full 360 warning?

Let me introduce you to the Pintsch Bamag BKL-LED. :D

What? A mag mount light that's only rated up to 155 MPH? Totally unacceptable! :D

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
If somebody ever plans to make a dual-color (blue/amber) LED throwlight in the classical "teardrop"-shape... that would be some product I'd purchase right away. :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.