Led dash sign?

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Maybe I am going crazy, and YES I USED GOOGLE. I know in the past I have seen a dash light that was led that said police. I could swear I saw another this weekend during a parade but I was to far away to see if it said police. Iirc it is gen1 led and says sherriff or Police steady burn in the winshield. I can't find this damn light to save my life. Please help, i have googled led dash sign, led police dash sign, "Police" dash light. And i got nada. I hope this is in the right spot.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I thought it looked like a talon. Best of all, Im not crazy, well at least about seeing the light....Thanks Nic!

Now to find one that says

FIRE DEPT. in Red.....Hmmmm

:D

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
FFParker said:
Now I want it.

I just want one that says "GET THE F*** OUT OF MY WAY" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
My smart arrow messenger will do that. And it will also say it in reverse. (Stay tuned boulder)

Reactions: Doug

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I want one that says stuff in Spanish around 95 percent of my traffic stops I have to speak in Spanish the first things I usually say when I approach is "English OR Spanish" then i continue with my traffic stop.

This is the list of stuff i need it to say

POLICIA JUDICIAL PARESE CABRONES "Judicial Police stop you thugs" "closest translation to my job description as a Constable

LE HABLO A LA MIGRACION MAS DESPACIO "Slow down or i will call Border Patrol"

MUEVANSE A LA VERGA PUTOS NO ME PEGEN "Move the F$ck over you F$ckers don't hit my car"

ESTOY COMIENDO TACOS EN LA PATRULLA NO ME MOLESTEN "Im eating tacos in my patrol car don't bother me"

Reactions: PJD642
Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Kd8bao said:
Don't forget it will have to read reverse so the jerk off in front will move.

We are taking quite a bit of assumption in assuming these people can READ.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Why one would need a LED visor ?!  :undecided:

Why would one driving a unmarked police car with lights & siren on, need on top of all that gear a sign that says "POLICE" or whatever else ? Don't the blues and twos express the status clearly enough that one doesn't need to underscore it's a "POLICE" , or "FIRE" or whatever else vehicle to the average joe driver ? 

Kinda oxymoronic to me... :popcorn:

Reactions: tsquale

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Why one would need a LED visor ?! :undecided:

Why would one driving a unmarked police car with lights & siren on, need on top of all that gear a sign that says "POLICE" or whatever else ? Don't the blues and twos express the status clearly enough that one doesn't need to underscore it's a "POLICE" , or "FIRE" or whatever else vehicle to the average joe driver ?

Kinda oxymoronic to me... :popcorn:
I want one purely as a novelty. Unless its in huge letters its not like you can read it any further than 5 feet.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
I like the "EMERGENCY BLOOD". Can I get one in 'Emergency Crips'?
did you see the bad ass life boat...... must be amphibious 

theunivisor.co.uk_--_60828781.jpg

Reactions: Doug

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
We discussed these years ago and someone (His username escapes me at this time but he was fantastic with photoshop/gif editing and I belive was not from the USA) posted the following animated pictures. I don't remember if these were from his imagination or if these were actual flash patterns. Either way, enjoy... from the Pimp archives!

sheriff3sl0.gif

sheriff1xo4.gif

sheriff2ur6.gif

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
I contacted the folks at Univosor about how to get one in the US. They told me at this time they don't have a distributor here but was looking for one.

GA722SP

Jul 10, 2014
Atlanta GA
I have a company that can make the light like I have above in FIRE RESCUE but they will only make them if there is atleast 40 ordered. Anyone interested?

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Dude. I want one. Makes me want to find a talon shell and make my own!! But with my track record the project will never be complete.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
We discussed these years ago and someone (His username escapes me at this time but he was fantastic with photoshop/gif editing and I belive was not from the USA) posted the following animated pictures. I don't remember if these were from his imagination or if these were actual flash patterns. Either way, enjoy... from the Pimp archives!

attachicon.gif
sheriff3sl0.gif

attachicon.gif
sheriff1xo4.gif

attachicon.gif
sheriff2ur6.gif
holy crap; I'm now blind in one eye and cannot hear out of the other!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.