Wanted LED Flasher controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I am looking for a positive switching, 12 volt LED flasher that is capable of handling 20 amps. Must have the option to steady burn.

Thanks

JDH

Admin, I incorrectly listed this in the vintage section as well. Please remove as I did not intend to list this as vintage.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Wow, 20 amps for an LED flasher? That would be something like 20-30 LED lightheads. I think you might be overestimating.

If you really need that much, you're probably going to have to run relays off the outputs of a standard flasher.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Wow, 20 amps for an LED flasher? That would be something like 20-30 LED lightheads. I think you might be overestimating.

If you really need that much, you're probably going to have to run relays off the outputs of a standard flasher.

Yes. I have a bar that has 16 led heads. They each draw an amp. That is 16 amps. If I get something that supports 20 amps, then I have plenty of head room for inrush current.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Might be worth picking up a liberty IO board or similar for the application.

Whelen SLFlash May also b an option.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
"Theoretically" it would never flash both channels at the same time so it could get away with a 10 amp fuse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.