LED Flasher

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I am thinking about putting two large Microman bars in my truck. Because of my affiliation with different departments I need to be able to run two different colors and be able to isolate those colors, ie. run blue or green but not both.

I am looking for a LED flasher that can do multiple patterns and has switchable outputs. That way I can hook the blue lights to some outputs and the greens to other outputs and control my lighting at the flasher instead of having two separate flashers. I would prefer a Whelen product but I am open to any of the big-name manufacturers.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can use? Maybe a KKK-spec flasher or something like that?

rangerbob

May 25, 2010
Maryland
Why not just use a regular flasher like the Whelen ULF-44 and then have the outputs run to a relay for each channel. One color on each side of the relay. Push a button and you're Red/Blue. Leave it off and you're green.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I thought about doing that but I figure it will be less of a PITA if I can get a flasher that has switched outputs. The Whelen UFM8 looks like it would work great but it's pretty big and I bet it costs a fortune.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
kinnelonfire75 said:
get some axixtech chameleon heads (if they are available blue green)

I thought of those; I'm even a dealer for Axixtech. Unfortunately they only come in R/B, R/A, or B/A.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.