LED HAWs in '13 civillain Taurus?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Wanted to know if anybody here has experience putting LED hideaways in a newest gen ford taurus?

I Have some Red LED Hideaways I'd like to put in the reverse housing of my personal vehicle (pictured below)

Last time I went to install them, I was stumped trying to find a good place to install them. I have installed many hideaways and have had no trouble improvising and adapting in the past, but this housing just didn't look hideawayable.

I also attached a video of sirennet making it work.

So my question here is... does anybody have pictures/ able to describe how to install LED Hideaways in the reverse housing of the vehicle? any help is appreciated.

rear.jpg

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
My buddy has them in his Taurus. I could prob find out tomorrow, but I'm 99% sure they're in the lower clear section on the actual trunklid part.

EDIT: Sorry, just watched the video, so I suppose my post won't really help

Dec 2, 2012
Pender County, N.C.
I put them in the middle of the open housing (the one with no bulb) above the reverse lights. Its double walled so you will need to cut a bigger hole in the outer housing, I use hot glue to seal it back up when done.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
When I went to install cannons into the tails I found that the lights were LED and had circuit boards inside and I never did find a location. We ended up losing the cannons and putting 2 cobra 200 in rear window.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.