LED Light for Side Window Lighting

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Hi Folks,

I've not been around much for a variety of reasons and I won't bore you. But I knew this would be the best place to come to ask a couple of questions.

I'm "casually" interested in adding a couple of additional lights with temporary mounts (e.g. suction cups). I have a leased 2014 Honda Pilot and when I first added a couple of lights almost 2 years ago, I checked with my dealership and the service manager. He "recommended" that I keep the lighting and wiring in a temporary fashion and to not make any changes to the vehicle's electrical system. After some help from Fever, I picked up a couple of Feniex lights and for all intents and purposes, mounted them with suction cups or brackets and both are wired using standard cigarette lighter plugs.

Now that I'm thinking of adding one light on each side of the rear windows (buy the tailgate), I'm looking for new or used lights that fit the bill. But I've had a tough time finding anything that is actually geared for "temporary" mounting. I'd run the wire under the rear carpet and connect it with my existing splice from my rear Feniex Cobra 4 module.

So, anyone have any ideas? Or lights?

Thanks!

Steve

Follow us on Twitter @DalmatProd

Follow our Blog www.bit.ly/DalmatProd

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
whelen slimlighters, and microman lights are suction cup mountable. so are some knock off companys.

ims ure there are more. id recommend the microman lights

can come with built in flashers, or remote mount... offers ELB discount

amicromanindustries.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_06_BRACKET_XP_1024x598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
I run Whelen Dual Talons in the side windows. I removed the three suction cups on the regular window bracket and replaced them with heavy duty 3M Dual Lock with the other half of the Dual Lock fastened to the plastic wall just below the window. They're very firmly in place but can be removed with no damage to the vehicle.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Thanks for the replies, guys. They're very much appreciated. My Feniex Cobra 4x mounted to the rear, is R/Y/R/Y. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm retired/disabled off active service. However, ever since I first joined in '77, I have had this crazy knack of being 1st or 2nd on-scene at various emergencies and I do always carry a fully-equipped BLS jump bag, ropes, gloves, etc.

Two years ago, I had pulled over for an emergency and had the 4-ways on. Both my vehicle & body nearly missed as some "distracted" drive was driving down the emergency lane. Even with all the reports of first responders hit on-scene, I knew I had to do something to become more visible, other than streaking!

I would guess, until I verify the FL code for lights mounted on the side of a vehicle, I'd have to go with either A/A or A/W. MdLighting, I'll take a look at your post, even just to see what the lights look like. Jarred, who sells the MM on here with the discount? Steve, I'd like to see a picture of your setup with your Whelens.

I would have posted my two pics except with this new forum software, I can't find the icon to load a pic from in my computer. Do I have to upload them to "My Media" first?

Oh well, thanks again gentlemen. I really appreciate your suggestions!

Take care & stay safe.

Steve

@DalmatProd

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Just as a comparison, I had the microman bars up front as an interior bar, and the power from them during the day was remarkable. I had taken them down and rearranged lighting. I did a test in my rear window with factory tint, I do not know if it is a difference in optics or what but compared to my SNM E66 bar... microman BLEW IT OUT OF THE WATER. so they are going to be replacing the snm, ( plus I can mount them a bit more flush to the roofline). Now once I can get them out to craig for repair after I shorted something out on them :duh:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I would have posted my two pics except with this new forum software, I can't find the icon to load a pic from in my computer. Do I have to upload them to "My Media" first?

Uploading pics...

"reply with more options"

look for the paper clip. "attach files"   click browse.

look for pic you are wanting to load. click "ok"  then click "add to post" if  you don't add it tot he post it wont post the pic when you hit  "Add reply"

hope that helps.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.