LED lightheads for brake/tail/turn?

pbalias

Sep 21, 2014
NE
Hello,

I'd like to use two LED lightheads as brake/tail/turn lights on a bike rack. I'd like a reduced light output mode (cruise mode?) for the tail light function, then a steady-on override for the brake and turn signal function. I believe the Sound Off mPower Fascias will do this without any external resistors, diodes, etc.

Does anyone know if there are any other lightheads out there that also have this functionality programmed into them? Specifically, a reduced-power steady-on, with the ability to override with a full-power steady-on.

Thanks in advance!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hello,

I'd like to use two LED lightheads as brake/tail/turn lights on a bike rack. I'd like a reduced light output mode (cruise mode?) for the tail light function, then a steady-on override for the brake and turn signal function. I believe the Sound Off mPower Fascias will do this without any external resistors, diodes, etc.

Does anyone know if there are any other lightheads out there that also have this functionality programmed into them? Specifically, a reduced-power steady-on, with the ability to override with a full-power steady-on.

Thanks in advance!
You probably have seen that Whelen makes a specific B/T/T version of many lightheads, in the M series starting at the M4. The 400 and the 4" round have B/T/T models too. For smaller LEDS Strobes N' More has a TIR 3 type light that has a B/T/T mode, as does the Feniex T3. The Sound Off Ghost is available in that model as well. Buyers products makes a few too. But for the application you may be better off with an autoparts store trailer light.

Reactions: Abacus

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Whelen also offered 500 series S/T/T lightheads. They were standard equipment in the Towman's Liberty.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Whelen also offered 500 series S/T/T lightheads. They were standard equipment in the Towman's Liberty.
Good point, another smaller one. I can't find them in the current product line

pbalias

Sep 21, 2014
NE
Thanks all for the responses! The Whelen M-series don't fit the form factor I'm looking for, so I'll have to go one of the smaller options. I like the Ghost but I don't think it will work for turn signal. I really like the form factor of the mPower Fascias as well as the silicone covering.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thanks all for the responses! The Whelen M-series don't fit the form factor I'm looking for, so I'll have to go one of the smaller options. I like the Ghost but I don't think it will work for turn signal. I really like the form factor of the mPower Fascias as well as the silicone covering.
I have several mPowers and I am very happy with them. They come in several sizes and I can confirm they hold up well. My only complaint is the "soft" lens doesn't really allow for polishing if they fade. I wasn't aware they had a dim and bright setting, but if they work for your application they would be light and durable.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
My HLC-6's have 6 LEDs in them, if you order them R/R, and put both modes in steady, you have a lower tail function and a brighter Stop and turn function. If you need the turn function amber, do R/A and have the amber be the primary color. I use these for the back of bikes and in STT applications when building for customers. no complaints to-date...

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.