Led Modules Using 3 watt Leds or not?

aebm

May 21, 2010
Dania Beach, Broward FL.
Hello Group,

Recently while surfing the net found this company http://www.extremetacticaldynamics.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=85 claiming they use 3 watt leds inside these Led Modules, I don´t know too much about led electronics but I would have to see it to believe it, If it is true how do they manage to deal with the heat generated?

Anyway have anyone help me clarify if it´s just advertising, or are they really using 3 watt diodes inside?

Thanks for the help.

A.B.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
China junk, I dont even have to click link. Its just to sound impressive, not real 3 watt.

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
I talk to quite a lot of Chinese companies about lights. (they normally get bored and then ignore me.)

What normally happens and confuses people is the companies list the product of being a said wattage. The way they do this is to count the diodes in the lighthead and add their wattage up.

For instance the light on ExTD would have 2x 1watt LED's and 2x half watt LED's. That would equal 3watts.

You could say a whelen Tir3 is 3 watt's because it has 3x 1watt LED's.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Their website says they're based out of Jupiter, FL. They also list multiple agencies that have their products... how do we know it's cheap China garbage?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Because many people have bought them and posted about them before.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.