LED Outfitters LHA 8000 hide-away fix

rsmartin

Aug 17, 2011
Stamford NY
I had one of my LHA 8000 hide-aways I bought used go slightly south, only 4 out of 8 LEDs were lighting. Nothing I did would seem to get the other 4 to go. I figured the flasher board must be bad, or at least 1/2 bad.

Since they are designed for split patterns I spliced the two wires going to the light head, yellow and red, together with the working wire off the flasher and poof, all 8 are lighting again.

The flasher module is held together with 4 screws under the sticker, or simply cut the wire a few inches after the flasher. Find out which one of the output wires is still working, in my case red, and splice the red and yellow together towards the light head and connect to the working output wire towards the flasher. There is also an unused white wire and a black ground wire, leave those as is.

This works for me as I wasn't using the split patterns anyway, I'm running solid blue.This won't be helpful to anyone using split colors of course.

Really wish I had thought to take a few pictures while I was doing this, but it was sort of spur of the moment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.