LED PAR 36 takedown/alley suggestions?

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'm trying to decide which brand of PAR 36 LED lights I should use on my Explorer for takedown & alley lights. It's a slicktop, unmarked (for now) with luggage rack. I'm going to mount some lights on the front cross beam of the luggage rack to serve as takedown lights. I'm going for the "KC Highlighter" look to stay somewhat low-key to someone who isn't paying attention. Might even get the yellow smiley covers for 'em :)

Grote makes some impressive on paper bulbs as seen here and SOS & Code 3 seem to make some good stuff too. I like the new body style on the Code 3 lights as opposed to the bulbous rubber housing on the PAR36 strobe bodies I've seen.

I'm looking for a combination spot/flood, with an emphasis on spot and a good amount of light output. So...recommendations on which brand to purchase, housings, etc?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I think you should go with Grote- if only for that buy one get one free deal.. Plus.. They make different lenses for different applications, which the end user can change as/when needed.. (sounds like the SOS univeral LAW's)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.