LED replacement for existing scene lights

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Need some suggestions for upgrading our scene lights on our medic. I can't remember the brand that is on there now, but, if you can see it on this pic, it is the same as the one in the center. I will stop by and get the name off of it tomorrow. It has to be run by the inverter and we keep replacing bulbs, which are not cheap. So, an LED replacement makes perfect sense, just not sure what to look at.

horton 2.gif

firenresq77

Oct 9, 2010
Northwest OH
Bigassfireman said:
Need some suggestions for upgrading our scene lights on our medic. I can't remember the brand that is on there now, but, if you can see it on this pic, it is the same as the one in the center. I will stop by and get the name off of it tomorrow. It has to be run by the inverter and we keep replacing bulbs, which are not cheap. So, an LED replacement makes perfect sense, just not sure what to look at.
View attachment 3282

Hey Woodville, did you try calling Horton to see if they've had similar issues or if they are using any particular lights instead of these?

led0987

Jul 13, 2010
Joplin, MO
SlickTop Solutions said:
+1

frc-14.

-1 for FRC. Go with FRC if you want a 2 year warranty vs the industry standard 5. Plus light output even though listed as 14,000 lumens on their website doesnt hold a candle to the Whelen Pioneer (my own personal opinion of course)

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
firenresq77 said:
Hey Woodville, did you try calling Horton to see if they've had similar issues or if they are using any particular lights instead of these?
Actually, I'm not with Woodville, I borrowed the pic from Horton since I was at work and couldn't get one of or truck, just needed a pic so I could show what I was talking about. I just inherited this problem from another officer who said Horton told him the current lights are no longer going to be available. I would like to avoid paying Horton price if we can get them somewhere else cheaper. I will probably call Horton anyways and will definitely look at the Whelen lights. The Focus, which looks to be the led version of what I believe they are now, are expensive. I found them for $1300, a piece! Thanks guys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.