LED T/A controller

zsiya

May 22, 2010
AL
I have (8) TIR3s controlled by a Sho-Me rotary flasher. The knob on the controller broke off and now I can't change the flash pattern. All of the other flashers I have seen are for less then (8) lightheads. I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash on this so should I just replace the Sho-Me with an identical one or am I missing a different flasher that's available? BTW, this is for an internal bar if that makes a difference.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I would say stick with the sho-me if it worked well and you were happy with it. You could also think about making it a 6 head ta with flashing ends. If you wouldn't mind, could you post some pics of the ta? How hard was it to make?

zsiya

May 22, 2010
AL
ai274.photobucket.com_albums_jj275_zsiya_000_0002.jpg

ai274.photobucket.com_albums_jj275_zsiya_th_000_0003.jpg

I used u-shaped aluminum stock for the back and mounted the TIRs to matching flat stock. I used left over brackets from other lights and riveted them to the stock for the bar. Crude, but effective.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
I have a used SMC5 (older version) That I would be willing to sell you. Its a much different sized box than the Sho-Me but it can handle 8 heads and 2 flashing ends so up to 10 lightheads.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Call or email Sho-me. Had a controller that I got from Craig (MicroMan) where the grey knob was snapped off. They sent a new knob free. Just had to clean out the other half of the knob from the controller. The new one snaps right in.

Also, when it comes to those controllers, I always use a separate power switch and left the pattern slection on the one I used the most. That knob is so tiny trying to mess with on the run.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.