LED X 2100 boredom project

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I wound up with five LED X 2100 lightbars last summer and they've just been taking up space. When a shipment of car parts I was expecting failed to show up yesterday, I got a wild hair and started tinkering with one of them. Before I knew it I was pulling others apart and swapping things around. I got up early this morning and much to my wife's chagrin I got right back to it. I wound up taking apart four different red/blue bars with narrowsticks and made one all-blue bar. There are twelve Optix 6-UP modules, four forward facing, four rearward facing, and the four in the corners. In the center housing there are two forward and two rear LED X modules. The four rear facing Optix modules on either side are actually master/slave flasher units from corner modules but wired so the inner right module is slave to the outer left and the inner left is slave to the outer right. I chose to wire them this way so there is diversity in the flash between the modules that are side by side. Oh, and the two inner-most rear Optix modules have wide-angle lenses from corner modules, just for variety. This thing is intensely bright, and my little 19 amp power supply has no problem powering it. All the modules are wired for dimming, so I may try that out.

Also notice how another of the stuff in the background is flourescing, like a couple of my wife's weights and some of the kids toys - makes me wonder/worry how much UV these LEDs are putting out!

20220325_193026.jpg

20220325_193007.jpg20220325_192911.jpg

Attachments

• 20220325_193022.jpg
    20220325_193022.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.