Legacy duo programming in Sapphire questions

Towguy84

Apr 10, 2021
Iowa
I'll start out by saying I'm a newbie at this so go easy. I can build my bar in WeCad but the file type doesn't register in Whelen Command. So when I just pick a legacy duo bar in Command, it has extra "modules" in the alley, TD and front outer positions. And which color is light one vs light 43 at module position one? I'm going to extract the program currently in the Sapphire so I can always go back to the current program.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I'll start out by saying I'm a newbie at this so go easy. I can build my bar in WeCad but the file type doesn't register in Whelen Command. So when I just pick a legacy duo bar in Command, it has extra "modules" in the alley, TD and front outer positions. And which color is light one vs light 43 at module position one? I'm going to extract the program currently in the Sapphire so I can always go back to the current program.
When in doubt, I just write a quick program and see what the lightbar does, thats an easy way to identify what modules and where they are. If you select the wrong modules, its not going to hurt anything. Ive programmed many legacy bars, and Ive had some react differently with where the takedowns are.

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
Did you try "Export Lightbar" from WeCad? Its a menu option off the "File" menu which writes out a ".bxr" file. Then, it "Command" you'd click the "Import Device" button to read that file into your configuration.

Towguy84

Apr 10, 2021
Iowa
Did you try "Export Lightbar" from WeCad? Its a menu option off the "File" menu which writes out a ".bxr" file. Then, it "Command" you'd click the "Import Device" button to read that file into your configuration.
I did export and tried to import it from where the file was saved, but Command doesn't recognize the file.

Towguy84

Apr 10, 2021
Iowa
When in doubt, I just write a quick program and see what the lightbar does, thats an easy way to identify what modules and where they are. If you select the wrong modules, its not going to hurt anything. Ive programmed many legacy bars, and Ive had some react differently with where the takedowns are.
That's my next step, just wanted some better insight into the programming side. Eventually I'll grab some Trio modules for the front side.

Towguy84

Apr 10, 2021
Iowa
Ok I got it figured out. I actually just extracted the configuration out of the Sapphire, and made a duplicate so I could zero out the bar. Is there anyway to add the TA output to my box?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Ok I got it figured out. I actually just extracted the configuration out of the Sapphire, and made a duplicate so I could zero out the bar. Is there anyway to add the TA output to my box?
Why do you need to add the TA output? Are you trying to add another TA in addition to the lightbar?

Towguy84

Apr 10, 2021
Iowa
Yes I want to add a non wecan TA to the front of my truck. I have another controller but I'd like to cut down on the number of extra devices in the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.