Lens painting, Firebeam modification

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I haven't seen a thread on this product or even this type of project. So here goes....

The other day I was wandering through my local auto parts store , with a green sign... Ahem..... When I came across some VHT Night shades red lens paint. It's apparently designed to change clear vehicle lenses red. I knew that I had a fire beam at home that I wanted to split red white I figured why not give it a whirl. Looks pretty good with light behind it. Mine can use some wet sanding. I didn't pay attention to only use when it is above 60 degrees and not real humid. Well it's 40 and raining. It has some minor cracks that could be buffed out but over all it looks good. Here is what it looks like, hopefully I don't get shot by a firebeam purist...IMAG0324.jpg IMAG0326.jpg

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looks good so far....seeing it in action would be great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.