Lets see pictures of custom lights/lightbars [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I recently bought a Whelen LP min Shell with clear dome from rwo978 (Ryan).

So I cleaned up the shell(wet sanded the dome) and took the mounting plate out .Because it made the leds to tall to fit in there without hitting the dome.

I was orignally going to use the hardware from a bunch of FS cuda TA's I bought but couldn't get the amoung of leds I wanted.

So i used the ones from a Vista and was able to fet 10 in it for a total of 90 leds.

I mounted them by cutting to lenth the metal tubes use in early MX7K's and drilled tapped threads to use 8-32x1" machine screw.

Will get around to finish putting nuts under later today.

Then wired everything to a Sho-Me 7 pattern flasher 111005Sf. The put Whelen cig plugs with momentary switch that I bought from Brooks (Steve).

Finished off with new magnets with high temp tpe as to not scratch the top of a vehicle.

Right now is all blue. But can do all red. or red/blue split depending the needes of the person buying it.

Picture heavy and here's the video

Whelen shell undone 1.JPG

Whelen shell undone 2.JPG

Whelen top view undone 3.JPG

Whelen inside top view undone 4.JPG

Whelen side view undone 5.JPG

Whelen dome side view done 6.JPG

Whelen  done inside view done 7.JPG

Whelen dome top view done 8.JPG

Whelen dome end view done 9.JPG

Whelen base showing how cudas mounted 10.JPG

Whelen Sho-me 11.1005SF 7 pattern flasher 12.JPG

View attachment 108062

Bottom of Whelen LP mini.JPG

Dark picture of Whelen LP 14.JPG

Reactions: Skip Goulet

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
chief1565 said:
I recently bought a Whelen LP min Shell with clear dome from rwo978 (Ryan).
So I cleaned up the shell(wet sanded the dome) and took the mounting plate out .Because it made the leds to tall to fit in there without hitting the dome.

I was orignally going to use the hardware from a bunch of FS cuda TA's I bought but couldn't get the amoung of leds I wanted.

So i used the ones from a Vista and was able to fet 10 in it for a total of 90 leds.

I mounted them by cutting to lenth the metal tubes use in early MX7K's and drilled tapped threads to use 8-32x1" machine screw.

Will get around to finish putting nuts under later today.

Then wired everything to a Sho-Me 7 pattern flasher 111005Sf. The put Whelen cig plugs with momentary switch that I bought from Brooks (Steve).

Finished off with new magnets with high temp tpe as to not scratch the top of a vehicle.

Right now is all blue. But can do all red. or red/blue split depending the needes of the person buying it.

Picture heavy and here's the video

Awesome job Chief!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Thank you.

I've got another to post here soon.

I built the wife an Arjent which you saw under the Whelen. Need to get video of it too.

Soooo I took the duel level Light Force and have changed it all around.

It will be custumizable as well.

Photos and video coming soon to ELB post near you.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
wdfd24 said:
That looks awesome great job Paul. Maybe i should convince my wife she needs a half bar. :thumbsup:

There you go. PM sent

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Soooo I built the wife a new Arjent and decided to redo the duel level lightforce i built and she was using.

Took it all apart and wetsanded both domes. and used the mounts and circut boards I got from buying a bunch of FS TA leds.

Took the them apart and but in the red and blues. Bought 18 "L" brackets and drilled them out so that the lights would mount level. The screws needed for them to be mounted were 6-32x1/2 but only needed 1/4" for them cut them down.the hardest part were the plugs for the lights. Found out what theywere called and the model for them and found on Ebay a bg of 500. Got enough now for 4 and 3 pin which these are and they are easy to cut a section out with a utility knife.

Used 22g wire to wire all the leds up. Used 4 code 3 wire blocks and to make it so both side were hot took 22g spade connectors and cut the ends off and used them as a bridge.

All mounts were the screwed and nut with 8-32x1" machine screws. I ran a single wire from one set of lights to the other for my alternating top and bottom put wire loom on to protect through the holes.

There's a Sho-me 11.1005SF 7 pattern in there. The cig plug is a whelen with momentary I got from Brooks (Steve). I painted the name light force black. There are 144 leds total in the light.

I polished the mounting plate on the upper section. I sanded the magnets down and painted them and put on high temp tape for roof protection and magnets have all new hardware.

Picture heavy again. And now for the video.

Lightforce before redoing 1.JPG

Lightforce before redoing domes 2.JPG

Mockup of leds before redoing 3.JPG

Hardware used in Lightforce 4.JPG

Light force domes undone 5.JPG

Lightforce undone 6.JPG

Lightforce dome undone 7.JPG

lightforce closeup dome undone 8.JPG

Top half of cudas in lightforce 9.JPG

lightforce Botton half of cudas and sho-me flasher 10.JPG

Closeup of lightforce domes redone 11.JPG

mount and circut board FS cuda TA.JPG

Top of lightforce dome with painted name 12.JPG

Lightforce showing both levels done 13.JPG

top of lightforce with cudas done 14.JPG

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
ford-dealer said:
This is the latest release from "The Lab". A custom built Flush Mount Serial Controlled TA/Warning Light.

4 Red 6x6 400s

4 Blue 6x6 400s

1 Red TIR3 (Side Warning)

1 Blue TIR3 (Side Warning)

Controlled by a MPC01 & SCTARM8L Module

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_FlushTA_zps695a3650.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_FlushTA2_zpsd6df6bfa.jpg

Need more pics and a video or 2 or 3.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please post all additional custom builds as individual threads in the forum below. Please use the correct prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.