ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_006_6.jpg

mini 2100 by deputychief, using pods

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_004_3.jpg

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_005_1.jpg

Mini excaliber with pods attached

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_001_8.jpg

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_005.jpg

Here is the three mini lfl's together.

all started off as strobes and the top one remains strobes, using Sound off power supplys 2/40's (sealed)

since the whelen power died on me.Using the Sound off power supply actually allowed 5 more watts

per corner strobe than when was original and they took place as the main supply and structure of the bar.

two were made into leds, one tir6 500;s, two was using generation

one 500 leds

ai67.photobucket.com_albums_h292_deputychief_minilfls012.jpg

A liitle history, one of the led bars was found on the side of the road and the other

was purchased from members where as part bars and put togther

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skip Goulet

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
From quite a few years ago.... a few custom items I threw together on request for some people. Not great craftsmenship, just functional. Way before the dawn of LEDs....

custom3.jpg

custom2.jpg

custom1.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here's some I didn't do, but always liked, also from the age before LEDs.

custom4.jpg

split-twinsonic.jpg

lmx2.jpg

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
GyroTech! That's the Canadian company I've been trying to think of in regards to all these lower-level conversions of MX 7000 and Excalibur lightbars. The thing I remembered was them taking the lower half the MX and flipping it and producing a lower profile lightbar that's still compliant with applicable standards. It was rather neat.

Interestingly, I found their website; and, although I can't read French Canadian, it appears that they still do conversions, as I see a tow truck with just the lower half of the Whelen Delta. Does anyone know if anyone in this company speaks English?

ai54.tinypic.com_2pra71i.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Kevin K. said:
GyroTech! That's the Canadian company I've been trying to think of in regards to all these lower-level conversions of MX 7000 and Excalibur lightbars. The thing I remembered was them taking the lower half the MX and flipping it and producing a lower profile lightbar that's still compliant with applicable standards. It was rather neat.

Interestingly, I found their website; and, although I can't read French Canadian, it appears that they still do conversions, as I see a tow truck with just the lower half of the Whelen Delta. Does anyone know if anyone in this company speaks English?

ai54.tinypic.com_2pra71i.jpg

I used to know the guy that started gyrotech.... he posted some pics of a design he made out of a major company's bar on the old elightbars, then less than 6mo later the company released the exact same product. He hasn't been back since. I can't remember his name.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i saw one on a wrecker here yesterday wondered what it was.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jarred J. said:
i saw one on a wrecker here yesterday wondered what it was.

The bottom plate that covered the open bottom (used to be the top) of the bars was thick enough to mount normal style mounts to.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Whelen Responder DX dual rotator with a Code3 Ocilaser mounted in the center front. I got the DX cheap, took out the front "V" mirror, and put in the Ocilaser... I'm still debating whether or not to wire the Ocilaser with the two rotators or have it separate. Oh, and I also reversed the polarity on the one rotator so they spin opposite of each other...

Click for larger pics

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Lightbar_20Projec1bcbb01983f6e7ef86ad072290dd13b1.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Lightbar_20Projec77c7855f7b1211519f57800ce469b7e2.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Lightbar_20Projec3fe6fd18cf71f99f025fe50f731cfc22.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Lightbar_20Projec20918a4ae848b7607feea9efafd6fe76.jpg

Reactions: CorporeSano603

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
If someone can reach into their photo archives and post a pic of the late Darrell Wilson's custom 4 head strobe/LED Flatlighter, it was the perfect interior light for it's day!

Also, I don't have pics any longer due to a computer crash, but I've previously converted a couple of 8 head Whelen traffic advisors from all halogen to all strobe using remote power supplies. They were great for rear deck use, but were made obsolete when the slimmer LED versions came out.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
JESUS ffjwhite, how many dang cans of Mountain Dew do you drink a day??? Did it take that many to stay up all night and build that bar?

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
lol i was asked the same question when i first made the post two forums ago. I drink alot of mountain dew where it doesnt bother me. if i dont drink any i go through withdraws, it sucks sometimes. I have been drinking dew since i was about 14.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
ffjwhite said:
lol i was asked the same question when i first made the post two forums ago. I drink alot of mountain dew where it doesnt bother me. if i dont drink any i go through withdraws, it sucks sometimes. I have been drinking dew since i was about 14.

I get asked the same question when I've posted pictures of stuff on other forums... there's always some Dew around somewhere. lol

GyroTech

Nov 11, 2010
Qc, Canada
Hello John,

I'm still around here and always been only as a viewer since the event of the sho-me bar and yes I still do custom jobs for our customers, here's are some newer and older...

aero1.JPG[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

Special Duke of Hazzard AeroDynic with Guardian over size rotators

wltir37s3.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

Whelen TIR3 warning bar

gtmblin6.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

GyroTech LIN6 combo mini-bar

gtmbl31.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

GyroTech L31 assembly mini-bar

LEDbar1.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

GyroTech Nova thin led warning bar

GTDeltaLP.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

Special 73" LOpro Delta fully loaded LIN6

nb.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

10 strobes lopro lightbar

Illumilight.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

65" extra loprofile LED lightbar with 911ep WL39 and LEDStar

minimx1J.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

Mini-MX7000

mexcalibur.jpg[/attachment:3t3ibbap]

Mini-Excalibur with homemade lower dome

And much more!

Thanks for watching

Thomas

aero1.JPG

wltir37s3.jpg

gtmblin6.jpg

gtmbl31.jpg

LEDbar1.jpg

GTDeltaLP.jpg

nb.jpg

Illumilight.jpg

minimx1J.jpg

mexcalibur.jpg

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I forgot about this one....here's my 22.5" MX7000. This was one of the few I made & its' the ONLY one thats' still put together.

I never did find a nice-looking way to seal the lower domes together in the center. I just used silicone...

This one has 2 rotators & sweeps.

mx221.JPG

mmx3.JPG

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Why would you block the side warning with a mirror on this one? I know you have another one with LEDs on the other side of the mirror but its kind of defeating the purpose of the side warning, idk maybe its just me. Got any better pictures or video of this one?

file.php

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
ffjwhite said:
Why would you block the side warning with a mirror on this one? I know you have another one with LEDs on the other side of the mirror but its kind of defeating the purpose of the side warning, idk maybe its just me. Got any better pictures or video of this one?

file.php

Thats exactly what i was thinking!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ChargerLighting said:
I forgot about this one....here's my 22.5" MX7000. This was one of the few I made & its' the ONLY one thats' still put together.
I never did find a nice-looking way to seal the lower domes together in the center. I just used silicone...

This one has 2 rotators & sweeps.

Nice build. I was always surprised that code 3 didn't make a true mini MX that had sweeps on both sides... they had a version of the excalibur that did... For about 3 months there was a pic of a single section min mx with 2 intersections.... there was lots of speculation but the bar was never produced.

cory y

May 21, 2010
ryan said:
Don't be a douche, read the whole thread and you will see he came out with that design first and had it copied by sho-me.

Really? You wanna call me a douche? Get you panites out of ur crack and chill out, I didn't know. Besides john posted the same thing, one post above you. But you just HAD to have somebody pull your string and chime in eh?

I was wrong my bad, chill the fuck out

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ffjwhite said:
No there is No Strobe in there. This one has LIN6 that is covered by mirrors.

What would be really cool is to add a tir3 type light inside that mirror

GyroTech

Nov 11, 2010
Qc, Canada
ffjwhite said:

file.php

It was not a standard "V" mirror in that case, it was more like this:

\ / so the side warning was almost not compromised. And since the lightheads are lin, you had great intersection coverage. So with only 4 lightheads and special mirrors redirecting the hotspots, you had like 3 lightheads to front and rear. Coupled with an ULF44 it was a great mini-bar.

Thomas

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
GyroTech said:
It was not a standard "V" mirror in that case, it was more like this:

\ / so the side warning was almost not compromised. And since the lightheads are lin, you had great intersection coverage. So with only 4 lightheads and special mirrors redirecting the hotspots, you had like 3 lightheads to front and rear. Coupled with an ULF44 it was a great mini-bar.

Thomas

Ahh... makes sense. I couldn't tell from the pic. Like I said, I'm glad you are still around!

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
I want more info on that Delta LP. I'm surprised Whelen never offered something like this, although it would be almost identical to the Liberty depending on how the modules in the end were arranged. Still, if they brought out the Justice, why wouldn't Whelen do something like this?

You should do a modern (LED) take on the AdvantEdge 4000. That would be epic.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I have also made a 16 strobe Excalibur that is on one of our trucks. I will have to get some pictures of it. The damn thing has 3 power supplies in it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That's still a really cool concept, Signal12 :D .

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
signal12 said:
rotating strobe light bar

That's the bar where the colored filters rotate arround the strobe tubes right?

signal12

May 22, 2010
long island new york
here is a video

its not the best since the camera does not pick up all the flashes. there are two seperate 12 pattern power supplies with at least 66 user selectable flash patterns available plus level 5 random mode with a flash rate of a minimum 0f 250 to 1,720 per minute with all 4 strobes operating. i have also added leds in front of the diamond mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.