Lever Nuts instead of crimps

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Has anyone ever used the Wago 221 level nut connectors for an install? It seems like they would make a good replacement for butt splices or similar inside of a center console or other area inside a vehicle where they would not be exposed to moisture. They are designed to replace wire nuts for AC wiring in residential and commercial electrical and obviously there's no place for wire nuts in a professional vehicle upfit but these are a completely different design/concept.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Ive been using Wago's for years. They work great. The ones I've been using are the earlier version (larger gray) ones. Im sold on them.

dubs

Aug 20, 2018
indiana
I did a Sapphire install with them. I'm no pro but they seem great for interior use. If you want some extra insurance a wrap of tape around the wires were they enter the nut and around the levers and its golden.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.