Levittown Fairless Hills Resque Squad

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Levittown Fairless Hill Rescue Squad of Bucks County, Pa(15 mins from the Bucks/Philly Border/Bucks/Nj border) has always had a plain fleet of emergency equipment. They have ordered rigs that got the job done, and was never fancy. As time arose for a new rig to be ordered, the organization wanted a change. With there change, they decided to change there color scheme, and move from an "E" series rig to an "F" series rig. They also decided to change the layout of the rear of there apparatus. They reversed the rear of the rig to place the bench seat on the left side and the captains seat on the right side. Here is there new rig. A 2010 F-450/ Horton with Whelen led lighting. I am not a member of this organization, and had nothing to do with the specs. Yes there are alot of lights on the rig.

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_009_2.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_006_1_1.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_005.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_004.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_001_2.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_003.jpg

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nice rig, I like the different color scheme. I see a problem though. It may just be the angle of the camera, but it looks like the TIR6s in the grille will be ineffective because of the brush guard.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Boss429 said:
Nice rig, I like the different color scheme. I see a problem though. It may just be the angle of the camera, but it looks like the TIR6s in the grille will be ineffective because of the brush guard.

That is a good observation. I will have to look into that the next time I see the rig. You maybe right.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
With a little bit of research I found this:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Grill light fail..... other than that nice. I like the color. The need for a front floodlight is debatable.... I'd rather have it on the side.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
JohnMarcson said:
Grill light fail..... other than that nice. I like the color. The need for a front floodlight is debatable.... I'd rather have it on the side.

I do find it very convenient especially for pulling up on an mva, or ped struck. I do agree better scene lights are needed on the side of any ambulance.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ff168577 said:
I do find it very convenient especially for pulling up on an mva, or ped struck. I do agree better scene lights are needed on the side of any ambulance.

Yeah, I wouldn't turn a front flood down, but if I had to pick one I say the sides.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
The brush guard is faced downward. Look the first picture of it. That may be a reason why the lights are blocke but still...one can see that it is still ineffective.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
+1 on the brush guard. Looks like a nice rig but the brush guard isn't needed; all it does is block the grill lights. They could've mounted the speakers in the bumper. Good thinking, Horton. :roll:

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
philyumpshus said:
+1 on the brush guard. Looks like a nice rig but the brush guard isn't needed; all it does is block the grill lights. They could've mounted the speakers in the bumper. Good thinking, Horton. :roll:

That was were the customer wanted them mounted. Don't always blame the manufacture.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
ff168577 said:
They reversed the rear of the rig to place the bench seat on the left side and the captains seat on the right side.
interesting. i pseronally've never worked in the back of a rig or seen one with the bench seat on the left side. yes, definitely a lot of lights, but i think they did a nice job of laying it out and not making it look tacky (unlike a hatzolah rig that i saw parked the other day with a D4, (2) D2's, and 2 tir6s on the grill alone)

JohnMarcson said:
Grill light fail
lol +1. i would've been so disappointed if i were a member there and saw that then when the rig arrived.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Boss429 said:

I didn't even see them until you mentioned them. Total fail on their part. I would rather keep the grill guard though and just relocate the TIR6s.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
shit at the lights! looks great... wish they wouldve made 2 of those 900 series in the front white instead of just having that one 700 series lighthead.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
fireman616wfd said:
espicially the "value bar" man if you put one on it then bust out the freedom for that thang! :D

I actually agree with what they did. The light bar gives more intersection warning than a set of flush mounted 900s. Freedom would have been overkill in my opinion.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
fireman616wfd said:
shit at the lights! looks great... wish they wouldve made 2 of those 900 series in the front white instead of just having that one 700 series lighthead.

They did the 700 series because the bottom 700 is the pre-emption. They had no other place to put the pre-emption that is why the need for the 700 series white above it to balance it out.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
ff168577 said:
Levittown Fairless Hill Rescue Squad of Bucks County, Pa(15 mins from the Bucks/Philly Border/Bucks/Nj border) has always had a plane fleet of emergency equipment. They have ordered rigs that got the job done, and was never fancy. As time arose for a new rig to be ordered, the organization wanted a change. With there change, they decided to change there color scheme, and move from an "E" series rig to an "F" series rig. They also decided to change the layout of the rear of there apparatus. They reversed the rear of the rig to place the bench seat on the left side and the captains seat on the right side. Here is there new right. A 2010 F-450/ Horton with Whelen led lighting. I am not a member of this organization, and had nothing to do with the specs. Yes there are alot of lights on the rig.

That's an ambulance, not a plane (it certainly is not a plain ambulance!).

Based on your previous posts, you don't seem to know the difference between there (referring to a place or location; "it's over there", their (showing possession; "it's their lightbar") and they're (used as a contraction for they are; "They're a BLS crew").

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They%27re

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Doug said:
That's an ambulance, not a plane (it certainly is not a plain ambulance!).

Based on your previous posts, you don't seem to know the difference between there (referring to a place or location; "it's over there", their (showing possession; "it's their lightbar") and they're (used as a contraction for they are; "They're a BLS crew").

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They%27re

Well I am sorry, I was unware I was being graded for my grammar with this post. Would you like me to type a 10 page essay for you. Just read it for what it is. No reason to be the grammar police.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
they are one of the ems agencies i dispatch for.compared to the rest of their fleet this truck is a huge difference from front to back.i like the color change,the lights are more than effective for the not so rural area they cover.i was told by another member that the brush guard was a last minute add on,thus the reason the lights are blocked

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
ff168577 said:
Well I am sorry, I was unware I was being graded for my grammar with this post. Would you like me to type a 10 page essay for you. Just read it for what it is. No reason to be the grammar police.

What you type, and the way you type it, is a reflection on you. People make judgments based on it. The poor grammar and spelling, and seeming indifference to it, shows that 1) you don't know any better, or 2) you don't care (or possibly both).

Oh, and typically a question is ended with a question mark (?), not a period (.).

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
TCO said:
they are one of the ems agencies i dispatch for.compared to the rest of their fleet this truck is a huge difference from front to back.i like the color change,the lights are more than effective for the not so rural area they cover.i was told by another member that the brush guard was a last minute add on,thus the reason the lights are blocked

Are you leaving the radio room? If you are, where are you going to work for Chester County?

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Doug said:
What you type, and the way you type it, is a reflection on you. People make judgments based on it. The poor grammar and spelling, and seeming indifference to it, shows that 1) you don't know any better, or 2) you don't care (or possibly both).

Oh, and typically a question is ended with a question mark (?), not a period (.).

Ok, well thank you for your great grammer expertise; however if you do not like the way it is written, then do not read it.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
i will still be working in bucks , not that bad of a drive,45-1 hour each way

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
Boss429 said:

+1 but other then that it is a great looking unit. I like it a lot.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Stendec said:
You didn't think that one all the way through, did you?

:lol: Apparently not. That's great. And I agree with Doug. It's easier to read when everything is spelled correctly. That way I don't have to go back and attempt to figure out what you meant to say as opposed to how you actually said it. Your post doesn't need to be 100% perfect, but it always reads better and looks better (on you) when you type everything out the way it is meant to be.

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
i actually got to see this bus at the harrisburg fire expo and one of the things i noticed while looking it over was that the grille lights were hidden by the brush guard but the reps wouldnt turn them on for me to see, also the floodlight in the front IMO is useful especially on scenes were you need the lights upfront but i do also agree that a flood light is needed on the sides and rear too, and the bench set up on the left is definetly different i dunno how itd work out, personally im more of a fan of a captains chair on each side and one at the head but i do like the O2 outlet at the end of the bench a great position for whoevers unloading to remember to unhook the patient from the main O2 without pulling out the cot and taking off your patients face bcuz the medic didnt realize it was still hooked up

squad51lfc

Jun 15, 2010
royersford,pa
OK ? i see at least eight forward flashing lights on the box . Why the need for the lightbar ? i think thats overkill. i understand the need for "efficent" lighting but this rig is way overlit .. my own opinion ..

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
pdk9 said:
interesting. i pseronally've never worked in the back of a rig or seen one with the bench seat on the left side. yes, definitely a lot of lights, but i think they did a nice job of laying it out and not making it look tacky (unlike a hatzolah rig that i saw parked the other day with a D4, (2) D2's, and 2 tir6s on the grill alone)

lol +1. i would've been so disappointed if i were a member there and saw that then when the rig arrived.

Pics of the Rig? I never saw a rig with a D4 ,D2's and Tir6s.

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
\ said:
yes, definitely a lot of lights, but i think they did a nice job of laying it out and not making it look tacky (unlike a hatzolah rig that i saw parked the other day with a D4, (2) D2's, and 2 tir6s on the grill alone)

And why dont we have a photo of said Hatzolah rig??? Hmmmmm.... Hmmmmm.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.