Levittown (PA?) Fire responds

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
This video has everything! I am guessing this is Levittown PA, and a VFD. Slicktop department Charger, unmarked department Charger, Air siren, courtesy light vehicles, and big red things. Some great driving with use of turn signals. Equipment failures like a burnt out head light. And alternating clearance lights on the rear.

Still do not understand the use of slick top FD cars. :no:

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
MtnMan said:
Cool video!

Anticipating complaints about the slicktop in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Nah! I drive one too...

More worried about the following too close in some of the scenes. Had a squad here get plowed following code at about 30 feet behind an engine company. She said she never saw/heard him - I wonder why???

That is the SHORTEST wheelbase engine I have ever seen!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
They have some nice vehicles; the E-One rescue/squad is my favorite. Their chief chargers have been discussed & the newer charger was unmarked b/c it was waiting to get striped. However, I don't like slicktops for FD either.

As for the seagrave, I don't like how they call it a tower...to me, "tower," is an elevated platform off of which "truckies" can operate; what they have is really a "squirt" (or an "engine" with a water boom)

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
pdk9 said:
As for the seagrave, I don't like how they call it a tower...to me, "tower," is an elevated platform off of which "truckies" can operate; what they have is really a "squirt" (or an "engine" with a water boom)

Agreed that it's not a tower, as I'm used to it. To me that's a telequirt. It's been said that truckies climb the stick; only lazy ones ride the dumpster (disclaimer: I don't ride either, and have friends assigned to both truck companies and tower ladder.)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Doug said:
Agreed that it's not a tower, as I'm used to it. To me that's a telequirt. It's been said that truckies climb the stick; only lazy ones ride the dumpster (disclaimer: I don't ride either, and have friends assigned to both truck companies and tower ladder.)

Lol, my dept has 2 TDAs, a Quint (stick), & a Platform, and I can tell you that we all (including the young/not-lazy guys) prefer the bucket any day of the week...I have good cardio/stamina, & my ass still gets exhausted going up & down a 100 ft stick w/ a pack on lol

Even though neighboring dept.s generally know what apparatus their mutual aid dept.s have, it's pretty deceiving if an IC (while busy focusing on tactics, resources, conditions, & PAR) hears "Tower 13" on the radio, only to find out later that it's basically an engine co. crew

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.