LFL Liberty LC conversion question...

Feb 24, 2016
Elk Grove
I have a 2005 LFL Liberty SL8RRBB 48" lightbar that has a LC board inside and I'm thinking instead of buying a new Liberty WeCan, it'll probably be cheaper to find a WeCan control board, upgrade my halogen take-downs and alleys to LED and make a couple small tweaks as well by. I was looking to sell this Liberty and a few other of my bars to make a custom Liberty like the CHP has now but was thinking because I have most of the modules that I need, maybe I should make a few upgrades to this bar, wet sand my lenses clear and I could have the lightbar I've always wanted...

Here's a couple pictures of what I have for a better visual...
20161113_185233.jpg 20161113_185242.jpg 20161113_185255.jpg

What do y'all think? Do you think my thoughts would work and I'm on the right track?

Thanks for any input/ides.

Feb 24, 2016
Elk Grove
Yea, I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and have found a couple but for $200+...I don't know if that's a good price or not but if I could get rid of a lot of my spare random parts I'd snatched one easy...

Reactions: got_yogurt
Feb 24, 2016
Elk Grove
You need more than just the board though...need the WeCan module, serial cable and the internal harnesses...

Yea, I discovered while going through some of my spare parts to sell on ebay, I found I had a brand new Wecan module still in box but like you said, board and harness wiring would be the key. thanks

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
Might be interested in your lc board and have an wecan module for possible trade. just gotta see what your project entails and I might go that route.

Feb 24, 2016
Elk Grove
Might be interested in your lc board and have an wecan module for possible trade. just gotta see what your project entails and I might go that route.

I'll PM ya for detail, I can sell you my LC board and wiring if you're interested...I have a WeCan module I discovered that was for another project but never went through.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.