Liberty ally questions

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Has anyone ever mounted dual LR11s in the allys of the liberty one? I often use the allys but would like to put to use the extra set of LR11s i have here anyone ever do this before?

Any input would be great

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
If your bar has the 500 style alleys and the short corners they should fit. I am looking to do the same thing in my liberty that had the round mr11 halogens and extended corners and can only stuff 1 LR in each side.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
If your bar has the 500 style alleys and the short corners they should fit. I am looking to do the same thing in my liberty that had the round mr11 halogens and extended corners and can only stuff 1 LR in each side.
Mine is a 49" factory installed LR11 allys and extended corners though it seems like there's lots of room to put in the 2 lr11s on the bracket though im not sure the lr11 is a very shallow part compared to the mr11 my end caps are the ones with the 500 head cutout I do plan on giving it a try fitting the 2 lr11s but I wanted to know if anyone has tried it with the extended corners or not

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
After looking at my bar and the extended corners mine don't have the extended corners the ones im installing are so looks like the dual lr11 idea isn't going to happen lol

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
What about the super takedowns for the alley lights??
I already have the second set of LR11s though the high power takedowns would make beastly allys but with the extended corners they pretty much hug the sides of the LR11 ally light i am however wondering about the bottom mounted ally lights for the justice bar if I had to buy the additional parts

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I forgot to post this up here...this is what my bar looks like.
20201022_103858.jpg

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I have the same end caps but it looks like my current single color corners aren't the extended corners the dual color heads i will be installing are the extended corners is there any added benefit to the extended corners? Their ends dont come to the sides of the LR11 but if I moved them out they would hug the sides like the picture maybe my bar is missing something or maybe not might be enough space to mount in the extra LR11s in there somewhere lol its a 49" bar fully populated

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Mine is also a 48inch bar and fully loaded. 6 heads across plus ends. The extended ends put more warning color to the side/intersection is the only advantage.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
The extended corners look a good bit longer too or is there room to poke some LR11s in the rear and front rite by the outer most inboard heads i know theres tunns to do that on the 54 but ya lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.