Liberty ballast question

fbueller

Sep 17, 2012
Glasgow Va
IMG_0635.jpg are the Liberty ballasts the same for a serial control as opposed to an LC control? I have a ballast out of a serial control Liberty and would like to test it and the lin8 heads, but I don't have a serial controller. Can the ballast be activated by 12Vdc like the serial control Ultra bar strobe supply UB412. Im not looking for all of the options, just to see them fire all outputs. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0

needforspeed

May 23, 2010
Massachusetts
That should have a control harness and an output harness. the control harness should be. IIRC it is a ground side flasher.

Input
black - ground
red/white stripe - 12v +
blue control - 12v+
green control - 12v+
white/violet - scan lock 12v+
purple - low power 12v+

Output
yellow + white/yellow stripe -
2 orange + white/orange stripe -
3 red + white/red stripe -
4 brown + white/brown stripe -

I have used these in the past to flash both the lin8's and the lin6's.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.