Liberty ballast questions

Picked up a used Liberty last week. Had wonderful plans for it until today, when I opened it up to reveal it is a ballast bar.

First things first, what tips can you tell me about it? I've found a few threads here, but nothing that answers my questions.

How easily can these be converted to a SX bar? Are the lightheads compatible with SX? What limitations come with the ballast?

Basically just looking for any info from those of you more knowledgeable than myself, as to how it differs from my SX.

OP
OP
FiremanSketch

FiremanSketch

Update: finally found the answers I needed, thanks to this thread:

I will take suggestions on what to do with it (updates, part out, etc.)

MtnMan

If the bars are in good shape, I'd say keep them intact. You can upgrade halogen takedown and alley lights to LED modules. If you decide to part it out, the lenses and ballast units will get decent money, but ballast LED modules will probably be slow sellers.

OP
OP
FiremanSketch

FiremanSketch

If the bars are in good shape, I'd say keep them intact. You can upgrade halogen takedown and alley lights to LED modules. If you decide to part it out, the lenses and ballast units will get decent money, but ballast LED modules will probably be slow sellers.
Thank you, Kent, for the insight. Now to figure out what to do!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
MattRallvii
Top Bottom