Liberty board aux port question...

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
My liberty LC has an aux port on the board. The instructions show this can be switched via the cruise wire but does not say how much power it can handle. It appears to be ground switched (left pin) with a constant power (right pin).2022-05-30 20.36.45.jpg

My plan (and I cant see a reason why I couldn't) is to use that port to send power down the control harness to power the switches. It looks like all wires activated would draw less then 500ma. With the power pin being live all the time this seems like a great solution to my needs.

I rewired the center front LED activation wire to the sync port since it has halogens in their place. I would likely tie the f/r ends to the same wire and use the other to send power to the switches. I am using a Motorola systems 9000 switch box without powering the backlights. The only power drawn would be for the input activation. I just dont know the intention or specs of the aux port so I figured I would run it by those with more knowledge of this bar.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I used that port in my old freedom bar to run 4 feniex cobra heads as rear work lights, the one in my current libby bar runs 4 LR11s and have had zero issues (cruise lights also come on with). I think the limit is 5(?) amps.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
As I understand it, the aux port was used by many agencies for preemption emitters. I would imagine that the current requirement of a preemption strobe power supply would represent a reasonable draw for that port. For example, the label on a Tomar 781-1228-PRE2 lists a draw of 2.8 amps at 12 volts DC.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
its not that hard to just get power from in the cab to properly power them
That would make sense but this is for a display bar. Not being tethered to a 2nd power wire gives me the flexability I am looking for. It would also free up a port on the power supply too.

I used that port in my old freedom bar to run 4 feniex cobra heads as rear work lights, the one in my current libby bar runs 4 LR11s and have had zero issues (cruise lights also come on with). I think the limit is 5(?) amps.
Thanks. I *think* you can hit the pattern changer wire while the cruise lights are on to brighten or turn them off completely with the aux function.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.