Liberty II or Legacy

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Hello everyone,

Friend of mine just got a 2010 Chevy Ext Pick up and is looking to buy a full bar for it. Now the questions is which one is better a Liberty II or a Legacy bar. Either one would be a solo model. I like the Legacy bars myself....... So what are your thoughts ? Thanks for the advise. 

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Personally I think a taller bar looks better on a truck. What is he going to use the bar for? What functionality would be need? T/a, work lights? Etc

Reactions: kitn1mcc

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Personally I think a taller bar looks better on a truck. What is he going to use the bar for? What functionality would be need? T/a, work lights? Etc
    We run fire and ems. Responce mostly to the calls. We live in a high traiffic are with a few major highways. T/a and work lights not really needed. Just alleys maybe a set of takdowns but he is not to sure yet.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hello everyone,

Friend of mine just got a 2010 Chevy Ext Pick up and is looking to buy a full bar for it. Now the questions is which one is better a Liberty II or a Legacy bar. Either one would be a solo model. I like the Legacy bars myself....... So what are your thoughts ? Thanks for the advise.
Personally, I like the look of larger lightbars on pickups (preferably freedoms). However, of the 2 listed, I have 2 questions:

1) does your friend use the POV for a lot of highway driving?

2) does your friend want to be as covert as possible?

Since the legacy is about an inch shorter, it'd probably help gas mileage if he did a lot of highway driving & if he wanted to maintain a more low-pro look. Otherwise, I'd go with the Libby for a larger footprint (the reflectors are taller so the footprint is slightly larger)

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'll jump on the boat and echo what others have said, the Liberty will be more visible on the pickup because it is taller.

medicop88

Apr 11, 2011
Rhome, Texas
I like the Legacy bar but on certain vehicles (ie the Tahoe I drive at work) I don't care for them. They are too thin to be seen over the hump in the back some SUVs. On a pickup however, I'm sure it'd be fine, though honestly, I'd use a Dual Color Liberty :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.