Liberty (internal) wiring question

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
I just got a (horrifically shipped) Liberty LC (non-wecan) and while repairing the damage done during shipping, I noticed that the rear light wiring harness has 12 plugs on it, two for each light (six pods). Of course, this is not a new bar, nor a duo bar, so I can't see why it'd have an "extra" plug for each light. Is one for the TA, and the other for a standard flash pattern? The colors for each pair of lights are the same, one solid, one white striped. Any ideas?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I just got a (horrifically shipped) Liberty LC (non-wecan) and while repairing the damage done during shipping, I noticed that the rear light wiring harness has 12 plugs on it, two for each light (six pods). Of course, this is not a new bar, nor a duo bar, so I can't see why it'd have an "extra" plug for each light. Is one for the TA, and the other for a standard flash pattern? The colors for each pair of lights are the same, one solid, one white striped. Any ideas?

Is it perhaps the wiring harness from a Freedom? Such a harness would likely have two two-place AMP plugs for each 400-series lighthead, as they are dual-level.

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Only one set is attached to each light. The other plug is just sitting there. The seller told me the extra set is a TA function. I'm wondering if he didn't use a Freedom harness but it plugged fine into the Liberty I/O board.

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
I mean the bar.... so if I replaced that back side with Duo R/A, I could have a control on my Cencom to turn off warning and turn on TA functions, and vica versa, as IF it was a duo? The only thing I couldn't do would be to use both colors in a warning mode without swapping wires internally. So this is a duo type bar, but only with the TA function.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Honolulu PD used this exact setup on their Liberties for years. Not sure if they've upgraded to different bars since 2011, but I distinctly recall seeing them using Blue/Amber split TAs on the rears of their bars. They were also the first department I'd ever seen actively use the "cruise" functionality on the corner light heads.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.