Liberty patterns

chief

Oct 16, 2010
USA
I don't have we-can liberty and the standard 13 or so patters on it are not impressive to say the least. Is it possible to change patters for individual light heads with scan lock wire by disconnecting other light heads from the lightbar?

or will it change patterns for the whole light bar without having any regard to what light heads are plugged in?

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
Disconnecting the heads is not what you want to do. That will make no difference. You need to make sure the control line for the pair you want to adjust is the only one connected to power. Then change the pattern for that pair to whatever you want. Then... repeat process for the next pair and so on. You can have a different pattern for each pair.

chief

Oct 16, 2010
USA
Someone from here took this picture a while back.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.porteck.de/pics/liberty-connector.jpg

Are the wires below the circled arrow stick wire are pair control lines?

How does liberty pair lights? if this is the back for example

corner led : led : led : led : led : led : led : corner led

1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1 light pairs

1 2 2 3 3 4 4 1 light pairs

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
The connector circled only controls the traffic advisor function.

Connect 12v to the wire color of the pair of LEDs you want to change the pattern on and then while activated apply 12v to the scan-lock wire to change the flash pattern.

*Remember to only activate the pair you want to change or else you will change the patterns for every pair of LEDs at the same time.

The wires you are looking for are as follows:

Wire Color Function Fuse

GREEN . . . . . .Front Corner LEDs . . . . . .1 AMP BLUE . . . . . . .Rear Corner LEDs . . . . . . 1 AMP

GRN/WHT. . . .Front Outboard LEDs . . . . 1 AMP BLU/WHT . . . .Rear Outboard LEDs . . . . 1 AMP

GRN/BLK . . . .Front Inboard LEDs . . . . . 1 AMP BLU/BLK . . . .Rear Inboard LEDs . . . . . 1 AMP

WHT/RED. . . . . .Front Center LEDs . . . 1 AMP WHT/BRN . . . . .Rear Center LEDs . . . 1 AMP

WHT/GRN. . . Right TA . . . . . . . . . . . . .1 AMP WHT/BLU . . . Flashing Alley & T.D.’s . . . 1 AMP

YELLOW . . . Pass.-Side Alley Lights . . . 1 AMP WHITE . . . . . Driver-Side Alley Lights. . . 1 AMP

WHT/BLK . . . Take-Down Lights . . . . . . . 1 AMP WHT/ORG . . Cruise Lights & AUX . . . . . 1 AMP

WHT/YEL . . . . . Left TA . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 AMP VIOLET . . . . . . .Hi/Low Power. . . . 0.5 AMPS

WHT-VIOLET . . . . . .Scan-Lock™. . . . . .0.5 AMPS

NONE. . . . . . . . .RFI shield drain / to ground

WHT/GRN + WHT/YEL = Split TA

Hope thie helps. :D

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

chief

Oct 16, 2010
USA
I'm not that advanced when it comes to electric stuff. How do you connect the 12v to the LED pair wire?

Can I just unplug all the other wires and leave the ones I want to change and just keep plugging and unplugging pairs until desired pattern is set for each pair?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Is the bar installed? If not, I don't think just unplugging the lightheads from the harness inside the bar will solve that, as there's still power going to each pair. so, touching the pattern wire will still advance the patterns even though the lightheads are not hooked up.

If the bar is installed, you're going to have to trace the wires to wherever the switchbox is and start disconnecting stuff.

chief

Oct 16, 2010
USA
Resurrecting old thread. I took a picture of the liberty's guts.

View image: liberty

Can I run the wire from the directional arrow stick connector to those raised metal "aux" things for power? Zoom in on the picture to see direction.

I have the wire and someone suggested I use 1-pin amp male connector, what size connector do I need to get it to stay in the arrow stick module without it falling out?

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
If I recall correctly the I/O board either does TA patterns or it doesn't. If it does, the wire(s) you will need to control it are in the main wiring harness that connects to your switch box just like all the others.

Just like you are applying +12VDC to all the other wires to turn on light heads you will need to do the same to activate the TA patterns (again, if your bar has that feature).

White/Yellow - Left Arrow

White/Green - Right Arrow

White/Yellow AND White/Green - Center Out

This can be done with 2 switches... one activates left, the other activates right, and both on together activates center out.

By the way... Did you get the pattern thing figured out? Below is a video of a Liberty I have for sale. You can see that some of the lights are on different patters (specifically to the rear).

It sounds like everything you want the bar to do can be done... given you have the correct bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5JAG16AK0

chief

Oct 16, 2010
USA
I figured out how to change patterns and even how to change patterns with sync enabled. I just dont know what kind of connectors do I need on my wire to have "sync" on at all times so it doesn't slide out and where to run the sync cable after I connect it to the traffic arrow.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Those are just standard amp/mate plugs, pins, and sockets. I have the parts if you ever figure out what exactly you need.

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Running +12VDC to the empty lead in the 3-wire amp connector for the TA in the SX series Liberties will sync the full bar and has a variety of patterns, just tap the scan-lock to cycle through.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.