Liberty SX flash pattern question

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
I'm going to do my best to formulate my question into written words, so bear with me if it comes out a little cattywompus...

Liberty SX. I'm sure like some of you, I suffer from the paradox of wanting to change up flash patterns from time to time, but also suffer from "once it's installed, I'm not touching it again until I take it out." But for the sake of the thread, let's say all the heads are on Signalert, and I decided I wanted the center 2 heads to single 120. If I unplugged all the lightheads minus the above mentioned 2, powered on the bar, selected my pattern, and reapplied the remaining heads, will they still be on Signalert, or will they all be single 120 since power was applied to all modules at the time of pattern change?

Side note: I'd just figure it out myself, but all my heads are boxed up & getting sent off to Mr. Wilson for a makeover :insert Freddie Mercury fistpump:

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
You would need to remove power from the "activation wires" on the lightheads you didnt want to change, I dont think unplugging the light heads would affect that

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
You would need to remove power from the "activation wires" on the lightheads you didnt want to change, I dont think unplugging the light heads would affect that

Thanks. Didn't think the lightbar was that smart, but worth putting the question out there to the all-knowing.

Going to go "candy-cane" style across the front with 2 SXTD outboard & 2 white LINs in the center, with different patterns for all heads obv. Hoping to avoid pink blur at night, but wanted to know if I could change patterns if it occurred.

Reactions: Bvfa23

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
if you disconnect the lightheads within the bar I’m fairly sure the patterns will still change. You need to ensure the activation wires for those lightheads aren’t connected to +12V to ensure the pattern doesn’t change

Reactions: Bvfa23

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.