Lifetime LED Lights Headlight Replacement Bulbs

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sneak peak of the all new Lifetime LED Headlight bulb replacements. All common applications will be available. 2200 Lumen low beam and 2800 Lumen high beam. Pricing is expected to be around $149.99 - $189.99 per pair. In production now and we will be taking pre-orders soon, shipping will begin after Thanksgiving. And yes we will be offering eLb a discount.

1395209_598232956892150_1790990602_n.jpg

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Very cool. How do these compare to the color and intensity of HIDs?

Reactions: Storm4200

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
MEVS06 said:
All common applications will be available. 2200 Lumen low beam and 2800 Lumen high beam.

"All common applications" does that mean most standard "model" bulbs will be available? i.e. My truck uses 9005 and 9006 for low and high beams.

Reactions: robs.leds

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I will have my demo set in soon, I will get pics for everyone. Ill try to find someone who has HIDs to compare to. Yes all standard bulb sizes will be available.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
MEVS06 said:
I will have my demo set in soon, I will get pics for everyone. Ill try to find someone who has HIDs to compare to. Yes all standard bulb sizes will be available.

Great, just what I need, something ELSE to spend money I don't have on............. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
MEVS06 said:

I've got some 3,030 lumen Rigid Dually D2's you can compare to! Lol

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Looking forward to the output test. I know the company is called "Lifetime" but I have to ask are they going to have a lifetime warranty?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
A comparison would be great... I'm very interested depending on output...

MEVS06 said:

I have 8000K HIDs in my Avalanche in the low beams... But I doubt that these will be made that blue, I would assume that these will be more of the cool white, 6000K range...

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Will these be dot rated? I know everyone was upset that people were using feniex cannons as replacement breaklights.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
strobecrazy said:
Looking forward to the output test. I know the company is called "Lifetime" but I have to ask are they going to have a lifetime warranty?

As per their website, top center, front page:

Welcome to Lifetime LED Lights - guaranteed for life

Our warranty is what sets us apart from the rest. We believe that you are entitled to a great product, at a great price, without having to worry about it, ever. We have a LIFETIME warranty on the LEDs in our lights. No need to read fine print, or wonder what limited lifetime means.

Bottom of page:

We will replace or repair your light if any of the LEDs fail or if there is any defect in the lights, for as long as you own the light.. As an added bonus, if you order a light and do not like it, you have 7 business days to return it for a full refund plus we will pay return shipping (must be in original packaging, in new condition). Email info@lifetimeledlights.com with any questions you may have.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Do you know what the backside heat output will be? Like, do they recommend a certain spacing to allow them to radiate?

Will the vehicle's computer think the headlights are out due to different resistance being measured?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
JazzDad said:
Do you know what the backside heat output will be? Like, do they recommend a certain spacing to allow them to radiate?

Will the vehicle's computer think the headlights are out due to different resistance being measured?

It says it has an integrated cooling fan. I wonder how it would do in the warmer months down south.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
hoisy71 said:
Will these be dot rated? I know everyone was upset that people were using feniex cannons as replacement breaklights.

They say they are in the description. Dunno how true or not that is...

9004 LED headlight

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sirennet said:
DOT and SAE approval?

Government Entities cannot put these on their vehicles without it.

Wanna bet, so many uneducated people run them and dont know what that is. I am sure someone will do it no matter the recommendations we make.

It happens all the time with emergency lighting. Just like companies rebranding/ self branding lights that dont actually meet SAE, but the master importer(s) pay to have it put on the plastic and/or lenses....

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
MEVS06 said:
This product was announced at SEMA this past week. More info will be released in the coming days.

Can't wait to see more models released!

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
It will be miraculous if the work. I have yet to see an LED bulb that woks with standard reflectors designed for halogen bulbs.

In addition, if the light output is not significantly better, would it even be worth it? I have never replaced a set of headlight bulbs in a vehicle more than one time. $150 LED bulbs wouldn't save me any money when I could replace the standard bulbs 4 or 5 times for the same money.

Having said that, I hope they work and like some of their other products.

Last edited by a moderator:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Sirennet said:
DOT and SAE approval?

Government Entities cannot put these on their vehicles without it.

MEVS06 said:
Wanna bet, so many uneducated people run them and dont know what that is. I am sure someone will do it no matter the recommendations we make.

It happens all the time with emergency lighting. Just like companies rebranding/ self branding lights that dont actually meet SAE, but the master importer(s) pay to have it put on the plastic and/or lenses....

And they'll be the ones able to get away with it. Think they're gonna write themselves a ticket?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Taking pre orders with shipping expected in 3 weeks (A thread will be posted in the for sale section asap). So here is a little update for you guys.

•Price is for a pair $149.99 plus shipping.

•No relay harness is required, Direct plug in to the factory socket

•Output Power: 22W @ low beam 30W @ high beam Input

•Voltage: DC10V-DC32V

•Lumens: 2000LM for Low beam 2600LM for High Beam

•Life-Span: more than 30000hrs

•Color Temp.: 6000k

•Construction: Die cast aluminum

•Cooling: Integrated Fan

•DOT certified

•Energy star compliant

•80% energy savings over halogen bulbs.

Bulbs available are as follows:

9003/H4

H7

H13

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I would be happy to get a free promotional set and review them!! :D

Oct 1, 2012
Bamberg, Germany
Still waiting to hear back from them on whether or not it will affect the CANBUS systems of the newer vehicles. I know on my Ram the headlights are CANBUS but the aux lights are not...

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I'm curious to what kind of clearence these are going to require. Looks like they are going to need a bit of space to stick out.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
firefighter112 said:
Still waiting to hear back from them on whether or not it will affect the CANBUS systems of the newer vehicles. I know on my Ram the headlights are CANBUS but the aux lights are not...

They are being tested on a CANBUS equipped vehicle as we speak. As soon as the information is available I will update the OP.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
MEVS06 said:

If it is not SAE and DOT stamped, it will fail Texas State safety inspection. I fail the cheap HID's all the time for no DOT stamp/being blue. I also fail alot of the aftermarket LED STT lights.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
His FB page says they are DOT certified. Seeing how I do my own State Inspections, I'm tempted to order a pair for my Bonneville.

Is he looking for dealers in DFW? Maybe I'd demo a pair!

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
brian350x said:
I would also be interested in how these would react with a normal headlight flasher/wig wags. Im assuming they would work like regular bulb?

We recently became a dealer and i have mine on the way. I will let you know if they work with the Feniex 4200 HL flasher as soon as they get here

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.