Light me up - Honda Ridgeline

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
So I finally retired my Nissan Frontier and went into a Honda Ridgeline. I am having difficulty in lighting it up so I am seeking pictures and suggestions. As a VFF in Ontario, Canada I can run green and clear. I do not want to overkill this truck and wanted to keep it modern yet simple. My Frontier had 4 x Whelen Lin 3's in the grille ( 2 upper green, 2 lower clear) flashing in a quad X pattern. On the rear licence plate bracket I had 2 x Lin 3's in green. No siren, no airhorn. Switches were factory original cargo light switches mounted in pre-existing openings. So, here is my dilema. Keep it simple, without the use of LED hideaways. No lightbars, mini bars or beacons. Prefer to use factory original switches in blank spaces on dash. I would consider an interior lightbar if it fits ok. Side lighting would be optional and mounted on running boards. Feel free to suggest light heads and other options but please remember I am a big Whelen fan. Doesn't mean I am going to stick with them but if they made the Ion in green I would be all over it. Please feel free to send me some pictures at pelham112@yahoo.com. Thx Ben

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Dash - Slimlighter W/W

Grill - 2 Strobes N More 6LED G/G in middle of grill

Side - Strobes N More Green 4LED in running board

Rear - 1 G, 1 W Strobes N More 4LED on LP bracket

Good luck!

Edited for 911...I was wrong about the linz6, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
It is a 2011. If I had to pick right now I would seriously consider 2 Ghosts in green center grille section, with 2 lower Ghosts in green below grille. X pattern like I used to have. Rear warning would be 2 LINZ6's in green (1 behind each rear head rest) with 2 amber rear LINZ6's on licence plate bracket. Same X pattern. Sides would be up in the air. Like the ideas that are coming but not being familiar with all those brands I am searching them out on the net and trying to picture things.

May 22, 2010
New York City
someone should tell whelen they make them...... i called a few weeks ago and asked, they told me 200 pcs min custom order.....

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Here is what I, personally would do. Lightheads are up to you... But for size and punch, why not try some Feniex stuff... They've had problems with their control head, but I haven't heard nuch bad about their lightheads... Just a thought... Again, this is how I would do a simple and effective set-up... Maybe for a little more added light, a set of SOS intersectors under the side mirrors...

On a side note, I've always wanted to take this grill style and completely load the perimeter with LEDs... Just for shits & giggles... LoL

Ridgeline Front with lights.JPG

Ridgeline Rear with lights.JPG

Ridgeline Side with lights.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for all the input. Here is what I decided to go with:

1. 6 head Whelen Dominator with the LinZ6 heads. Combination of green/clear. It will be mounted in the lower center section of the grille. May have to cut it down to a 5 head. Can anyone tell me if the built in flash patterns give me the Knight Rider sweep patttern, and if not please recommend a flasher that does

2. In the upper corners of the grille 2 x LinZ6 in green.

3. Rear will be 2 dual talons in green/clear and green/amber. Mounted behind the rear head rests. They should work but if I have to decrease the size, back to the LinZ6 heads I go

4. Getting another set of aftermarket tail lights. 1 pair of Vertex in those.

I wanted to get a pair of Sound off Intersectors but really didn't want to drill into the mirrors

Install won't happen until spring. Will also get a new grille that is full honeycomb style at that time. If anyone wants to talk me out of this, or has other suggestions, let me know

Ben

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
If your going to go Honeycomb grill why go waste the cash on a Liner Dom in it when it won't product much off axis. Save your cash and go with a www.micromanindustries.com lightbar ? You can get a 5 hear 1 watt stick for $120.00 (USD) max.

I know everyone loves Liner vs TIR but I love micromans products and probley will be totaly outfitting my truck with them when I get to PA

alxjmrk

May 25, 2010
NC, USA
I absolutely go with the microman for my honeycomb grill. Funny enough each led lines up perfectly with each open spot. It's bright as heck and behind the grill lights shouldn't be used as intersection warning anyway. :)

---

Alex, FF/EMT

Wayne County, NC

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323182131.857585.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323182183.788998.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.