Light me up M35A2 style

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
So I just bought a 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2. I pick it up next week and already have plans for some lighting on it, but would like some opinions......

Keep in mind if I put ANY blinkies on this thing it would be for parked-on-the-side-of-the-road-don't-hit-me use only. If I use it for anything call related it would only be sandbagging, flood evacs, moving people, low speed type calls, etc. I'm more concerned with putting off road lights on it for better night time vision.

So far I'm thinking this...
Blinkies: Maybe a couple of Feniex T3s front and rear as far apart as possible OR maybe someting from SNM ELFOOD series since its a 24V system (they operate from 9-32v). Anything off road series from superbrightleds.com would also work. I would love to use Rigid products but too pricy for the intended use here. Heres a few things I'm looking at.....

sbl comparison.JPG eflood 1200 dual.JPG efloodpage.JPG

I have experience with the SNM 4200 and the big flood light in the first pick, anyone have any experiences with the SNM EFLOOD 1200 dual??

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I thought about those. Or an old model 14.
I have a C3 SD with clear domes that would be period correct I had thought about....

Reactions: NVFD612

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Got so focused on the front/cab that I forgot about the bed cover, a bar or pole mount wont cover that. So for blinkies I'm now thinking a pair of T3s (blue) front/rear mounted as wide as possible, or surface mount some cannons on brackets. If I do cannons, B/W for warning/puddle lights or B/A for warning/hazard lights?

Again I'm just needing some hey-im-parked-here-don't-hit-me lights. Pic of the rig....

20170210_112248.jpg

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
First,

You got to get rid of the canvas top on the cab... Then check out the Arctic Heater option for the cab... The M-35 is a cold hearted witch in the winter, but she will go absolutely everywhere!!! Definitely T-3's on the front and rear and maybe figure out something for the sides too. I would go with the EFloods for front and rear and throw a MX 7000 for the roof or look into Dual Post Mounted Poles with Model 14's. Those would look correct for "the deuce".

Dennis
NVFD 612

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'm still toying with ideas to do with the cab top. It is cold starting and has the factory heater core style heater which sort of works. But that's all for another forum to discuss.

So I can not run warning (blue) lights on this now. Without going on a rant or long drawn out story, lets just say rules and regs won't permit it. I CAN however run hazard lights as much as I want. Amber to front, amber or red pair to the rear. So it looks like I'll be leaning towards some EFLOODs in my near future.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.