Lightbar leave or move?

Lightbar...leave or move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Upfitting a rig for my now former dept. Before I get into the details here is the current state.
In this case they want the light bar moved from the body roof (under 8ft high), to the cab roof. The thought is that it could get struck by low hanging objects AND they might want to put a zodiac type boat on the roof later (which IMHO defeats the clear roof thought).

My thought is a) the rear pole lights stick up and aren't/cannot be modified and b) relocating the bar takes away some of the 360 warning.

Thoughts?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I agree with EHFD.
I think from a drivers standpoint, being on the cab roof it will be more visible.
Like EHFD said, a couple of 360 beacons on the back corners would fill it out nicely. It would provide good warning to the rear and sides.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I have to agree with the majority here. Move the light bar down to the cab roof. It will look better asthetically, and be more visible to traffic from the front. Replace the perimeter lighting with TecNiq or other LEDs (and possibly add two 7x3s to the front fenders). Possibly add either a traffic stick or 2 beacons to the rear, although with the giant 9x7's I don't think its absolutely essential. Perfect setup. And if you really want to go above and beyond, the little stuff makes a big difference too. I've done a few like this, and replaced any ground lighting with the TecNiq E10 everywhere lights, replaced compartment lights with LEDs, any little touches to make it look like a "complete" refurb.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.