Lightbar light cutout

TLE911 LLC.

Jan 2, 2016
Nebraska
How is everyone doing the cutout (shut off) of individual lights when a particular door opens. Example: drivers door opens and lights on left side of car and corner lights of lightbar shut off until door closes? There a special trick or is everyone using plug and plays like intermotive vehicle controls offers?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Really depends on your particular setup. Easiest is just a relay setup inline with the light you want to cut off.

I have my vehicle setup up with each priority being different, then all I'd have to do is flip the switch 1 position to turn off forward facing. Or if I wanted it with a door cutoff I'd put a relay inline. Wire it in with the door and the relay would operate shutting off the particular light or lights I wanted

TLE911 LLC.

Jan 2, 2016
Nebraska
Any idea how I'd go about doing it on charger and interceptors. I understand the concept of using the relay. Can you splice into the door ajar wires or how would I hook the "switch" side of the relay up?

cavia

Feb 13, 2016
Netherlands
Any idea how I'd go about doing it on charger and interceptors. I understand the concept of using the relay. Can you splice into the door ajar wires or how would I hook the "switch" side of the relay up?
Easiest way is to use a wecan print or lightbar from whelen. It has a lot of programmable options. Also cutout of any unit with input of an whire.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.