Lighting ideas for 2001 Dodge Ram

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I'm looking for lighting ideas for my 01 Dodge Ram 1500. Heres what I'm planning:

Front:

dual dashmiser on dash (Blue/Blue)

HAW strobes in corner lights and fog lights (Clear)

Blue SVP strobes in the grill

Rear:

HAW strobes in the reverse lights (Clear)

6 head dashmiserin back window (all blue)

I really want to stay with strobes, but I don't know if that dashmiser is going to work in the window. Does anyone have any other ideas (strobe wise)? Otherwise I'm thinking a 6 head dominator type LED light.

This is for a Firefighter/EMT POV

Thanks,

Dan

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
the strobe dash misers have ALOT of flash back if you dont have a good flash shield on it. i love the way they look from the outside, but inside, well that is another story.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Just kinda wondering why you don't want to use led in this vehicle? Also for the back maybe some amber just to brake up all of the blue?

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Alovebaby41 said:
Just kinda wondering why you don't want to use led in this vehicle? Also for the back maybe some amber just to brake up all of the blue?

I just like strobes better. I wish I could add amber, but we are only allowed blue/clear.

Dan

chfdbigbad

May 22, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
SBFD-E-9 said:
I'm looking for lighting ideas for my 01 Dodge Ram 1500. Heres what I'm planning:

Front:

dual dashmiser on dash (Blue/Blue)

Blue SVP strobes in the grill

Rear:

HAW strobes in the reverse lights (Clear)

6 head dashmiserin back window (all blue)

I really want to stay with strobes, but I don't know if that dashmiser is going to work in the window. Does anyone have any other ideas (strobe wise)? Otherwise I'm thinking a 6 head dominator type LED light.

This is for a Firefighter/EMT POV

Thanks,

Dan

Part of it depends on what size cab you have regular, extened, or quad.

here is what i would recommend

Front,

2 dual strobe dashkings mounted high (little flashback)

2 whelen 700 series (or similar) stobes in grill

wigwags (if you can have them)

sides (for extened or quad cab)

dual dashmisers mounted high close to the glass

Rear,

2 whelen strobe flatlighters mounted on back glass

HAW strobes in tail lights and reverse lights

the 6 head dash miser is too big for mounting in the back window. it would be fine if you mounted it in the bed or on a toolbox but it is too big to mount inside the back window unless you have a big rear deck like on a vic

a like the all strobes idea, thats what i have right now on my dakota

jmjltd

May 26, 2010
Champaign, IL
In reference to the rear, is it open bed, or with a tool box, and by the time you have purchased all these light heads, you could put a nice Edge or 9M on the roof

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I like the idea of the Flatlighters in the rear window. Does Whelen make a suction cup kit for them?

The truck does not have a tool box.

Also, for the side windows, they are pretty small. I have two dual dashmasters I'd love to put in there, but they are too big for it. I may just not put anything in the side windows.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Dan

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Small update:

Grill strobes and the other hide a way strobes have been ordered. The Dashmiser was moved to under my RVM. I now have a tool box. I'm going to get a 6 head Dominator type light to mount to the rear of the tool box, and the 6 LED Pimp pods for the sides.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.