Lights on a push bumper

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I have 2 LIN4's that I want to put on the side of my push bumper and want to know what the best way to go about this is. Should I just drill some pilot holes and then screw them on, or is there a trick to it?

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
RL1 said:
I have 2 LIN4's that I want to put on the side of my push bumper and want to know what the best way to go about this is. Should I just drill some pilot holes and then screw them on, or is there a trick to it?

Insider's trick: connect wires also.

linemanjas

May 26, 2010
Layton, Utah
It depends on how thick the steel is on the push bumper. On one of my first attempts I tried some self tappers and they sheared off. They lost their cutting edge after just a little while, even while spraying them with lube. For the next 3 or 4 bumpers, I drilled the flange screws and drilled a pilot hole, then used a uni-bit for the wire hole. Drilling pilot holes is definitely the way to go.

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_power_20co_20trucks_NewTroubleTruck003.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_power_20co_20trucks_NewTroubleTruck016.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_Jeep_SAR4whlr012.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.