Looking for a 360 degree crimping tool (insulated terminals)

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
I've been researching insulated terminal crimping tools and the options are endless. I've been using a pair of craftsman ones but I'm just not happy with them. I've had several recommend the plier type by either Klein or Thomas & Betts (WT111m), but I don't particularly care for the way they crimp with the "pin" that plunges into one side of the insulated terminals.

What I'm looking for is a crimper, possibly ratcheting, that does a 4 or 6 sided crimp on the connectors. I've used a battery lug crimper that crimps on four sides, and I was very pleased with those results. I would just like to have something that does the same or similar type crimp on the 22-10 ga terminals I use. I haven't found anything as of yet. Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks

Craig

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
I've been researching insulated terminal crimping tools and the options are endless. I've been using a pair of craftsman ones but I'm just not happy with them. I've had several recommend the plier type by either Klein or Thomas & Betts (WT111m), but I don't particularly care for the way they crimp with the "pin" that plunges into one side of the insulated terminals.

What I'm looking for is a crimper, possibly ratcheting, that does a 4 or 6 sided crimp on the connectors. I've used a battery lug crimper that crimps on four sides, and I was very pleased with those results. I would just like to have something that does the same or similar type crimp on the 22-10 ga terminals I use. I haven't found anything as of yet. Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks

Craig
One of the many different hex crimping die sets that fit a standard racheting crimp tool should do what you want. You'll just have to figure out what size(s) you'll need for your various terminals and purchase the correct dies.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

dusty61

Jul 18, 2014
Triangle New York
Snap on. Best crimpers I've ever owned. And I've ownen.lots. Kline makes ok ones, Mac has some good ones too, Matco has re labled Knipex beand which is good. The Snap on ones are fantastic. Small and compact and can easily crimp the bigger yellow 10/12 ga. splice connectors.

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
I'm actually looking for a set that squeezes 4-6 sides all at the same time, kinda like a coax hex crimper.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Ya'll might think I'm crazy, but I use the super generic "all in one" crimper, cutter, stripper thingies that are about 4 bucks at the hardware store. I've also got a pair of angled cutters, a pair of linesmen pliers, and a larger awg cable cutter/pin crimper thingy.

dusty61

Jul 18, 2014
Triangle New York
Knipex makes a set (I think was knipex) in saw a flyer from one of our local tool hawkers that had a set. Came with different jaw inserts and it ratchet crimps. Ill findn out the info for you

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
Ancor 701030 Double Crimp Tool $56 from amazon it's the last crimper you will need to buy. (At least for insulated terminals)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.