Looking for any info on this little gem

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
OK, so I picked up a pair of these, one vertical and one horizontal. Both are NOS and in minty mint condition. The domes appear to be older style SVP covers, but neither they, nor ANYTHING on these units have any identifying marks or stamps. I've put it out there to a couple of buddies of mine and they think these may have possibly been some type of prototypes. I've looked all over the net without being able to find anything.

The mechanism appears to be a single motor with linkage to make the pair of bulbs oscillate. Bulbs are PAR-36. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

DSC_0738.JPG

DSC_0739.JPG

DSC_0737.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
2nd....VIDEO!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
These are super cool. As I mentioned on FB, maybe these could be homebrew lights? I can't imagine what else they could be, even with the familiar domes. We definitely need videos, though.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
i will be getting some videos and some more close upshots of the mechanics on it some time this evening.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Do they just sweep or wobble/oscillate?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
They just oscillate and I have 2 different units. 1 that is roof mount and one that is flush mount. Each has different mechanics. As for them being home brews, they definitely are not. I removed the lenses and checked them out thoroughly and they are 110% engineered.

DSC_0740.JPG

DSC_0751.JPG

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Video 1

Attachments

• E274257928506.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 32

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
There was an emergency lighting dealer in Augusta, GA that had a bunch of these on his shelves. I haven't been there in years but very distinctly remember seeing them. They were all clear domes with red sealed beam bulbs. Same as yours, some vertical and some horizontal.

I'm confident they were not homemade.

-Bob

Reactions: CrownVic97

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.