Looking for opinions on a new lightbar.

Which one would you chose?

• Total voters

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I am in the market for a new lightbar in all Red/Blue. I have an 2008 F150 Quad Cab and I am looking at either the Federal Signal Legend 53", the Sound Off Signal Pinnacle 54", the Sound Off Signal Magnum 54". Please do not recommend any other lightbar. I only want opinions on the three that I have mentioned in this post.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
I am 100% in love with the Pinnacle.

One of the best bars I have ever dealt with, good warranty, and I have never really heard a bad work spoken about SOS.

It gets two thumbs up from me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I think that the Pinnacle is your best option. It is an awesome lightbar that is very bright and has a ton of options. I know I am a Sound Off dealer, but I sell FedSig too, so it doesn't matter to me from that standpoint, though those of you that know me know that I will happily reccomend a brand to someone that I don't sell if I think it is better for them. If you have any questions of if you need a quote, shoot me a PM.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
My EMS agency has a SOS Pinnacle in R/B on our Crown Vic and they just recently replaced a Streethawk on an older unit with another Pinnacle. Although I disagree with the replacment, the Pinnacle is a VERY bright and effective bar. To be fair, I have no real experience with the other two bars.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
aberfitchguy2472 said:
I think that the Pinnacle is your best option. It is an awesome lightbar that is very bright and has a ton of options. I know I am a Sound Off dealer, but I sell FedSig too, so it doesn't matter to me from that standpoint, though those of you that know me know that I will happily reccomend a brand to someone that I don't sell if I think it is better for them. If you have any questions of if you need a quote, shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the offer, but I have dealer pricing for said products.

I am leaning more towards the Pinnacle. I currently have a 45" Legend and I love it and all, but I am having issues with two of the blue 45 degree angle LEDs not illuminating properly until I bang on the top of the bar.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
MEVS06 said:
...until I bang on the top of the bar.

You sound like the joke about Navy Machineist Mates... If it doesn't work hit it, then hit it harder.

Keith K.

May 21, 2010
Western States
foxtrot5 said:
You sound like the joke about Navy Machineist Mates... If it doesn't work hit it, then hit it harder.

Or a Navy Aviation Structural Mechanic.....get a bigger hammer.

About your options. I've seen all of them in action. All have their pros and cons. Comsider the ease of installation, the 'real warranty', overall look and the ease of repair or replacement of parts.

When all else fails, price point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uriah1

Oct 31, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Well I also suggest you FedSig Legend 53" because they are more good then other in all aspects. Like they are more beautiful and have more good light then the other two. Anyhow wish you best of luck for the light bar and please post the photos of the light bar after installation. It not matter that which one you selected. Thanks:)

DIY project for vehicle modification

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Do you have experience with all three bars? If so I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that the Legend is brighter/better. I have a 45" Legend right now but would like a bigger bar for my truck.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
hey man, you know im a sound off guy but to be honest I would go Pinnacle. We have 2 legend bars on patrol cars and since me showing the pinnacle all the cars are coming with pinnacle on them now. Actually we are putting a pinnacle on a full size fire engine because they like them so much. Easy replacment of heads if needed, the warranty replacement is easier if needed than it is with federal signal...... before someone questions me i have dealt with warrant on both. My vote is pinnacle, the corner modules are a huge selling point also. Good Luck!

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
fireman616wfd said:
hey man, you know im a sound off guy but to be honest I would go Pinnacle. We have 2 legend bars on patrol cars and since me showing the pinnacle all the cars are coming with pinnacle on them now. Actually we are putting a pinnacle on a full size fire engine because they like them so much. Easy replacment of heads if needed, the warranty replacement is easier if needed than it is with federal signal...... before someone questions me i have dealt with warrant on both. My vote is pinnacle, the corner modules are a huge selling point also. Good Luck!

Thank you for your reply, I am a huge FS fan but have come to like the Pinnacle quite a bit. A department I do work for has switched from all Whelen to all SOS for a reason, now only if the previous installer had not cluster fu@ked the units they would be even happier with them. I love my Legend but again I feel that SOS is a big contender in my next purchase. Said PD is in fact running 7 Pinnacles on their Impalas and Tahoes and I must admit they are "change my draws" impressive. Again thank you for your reply.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.