Looking for pictures of FD pick up caps

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
We are looking at setting up a Ford F250/350 or similar pick up as a rapid response vehicle. It will be primarily responding to medical calls, MVCs and hauling personnel and equipment. I am looking for pictures of caps that fellow board members are using on their FD trucks.  Would appreciate input on the caps you use, what works, etc.  Right now the only equipment we will be carrying is medical (AED, First Aid, O2), some extinguishers, and some hand tools.  

Please post a few pictures and include the model of the cap if you can.   Thanks

Ben

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
we just ordered a 2015 f250 with this style cap.  the f150 pic is another dept close to us and a fiberglass version.  we went with the aluminum and barn door rear.  both versions are made by leer.

Fire5a.jpg

Slide%205%20Ranger.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Don't know about availability for your area, but I also bought a LEER for my POV and am very pleased with it.  They have lots of options. 

Storm82

Dec 16, 2014
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
Even though this is not an FD vehicle, this is my F250 that I drive at work, with a 4 compartment Reading Space Cap.

The compartments have plenty of room, we have a PW can and a small co2 extinguisher mounted in one compartment with space left over.

Should have plenty of space for AED, medic bag, extinguishers, crash box, tools etc......

uploadfromtaptalk1426794041368.jpg

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I'm kind of fond of ESI's SpaceKap units, though with those we're really talking about more than just a cap:

http://esiequipmentglobal.com/apparatus/rru/

[Broken External Image]:http://www.fyrtrks.com/0_0_0_0_380_253_csupload_64819130.jpg?u=3266160699
One of our mutual aid departments went with a SpaceKap for their new fire police unit they placed in service last year; the last time I talked to anyone about it, they seemed to be quite fond of it, and I hadn't heard any complaints.  I've seen a few of these pop up in other fire departments in surrounding counties as well.  I guess the thing to keep in mind is that these sorts of general service/"utility" response trucks tend to be a rolling "junk drawer" for many departments and often end up hauling much more equipment than they were originally spec'ed out for, so it never hurts to look bigger than you think they need.

901890_590908114253500_1271261003_o.jpg

885361_582528611758117_1930573041_o.jpg

FYI, no idea what's going on with the "ghosting" in these pictures, they were taken by someone else and I just grabbed them to share here,.

Reactions: rwo978

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.