Looking for programming software for Kenwood TK790

redbudjoe

Sep 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Just bought a TK790, don't know much about them. But I would like to be able to program myself, wondering where I could get the software and/or what I would need to program it. My computer runs Windows 7. using for VHF freq on Fire Dept. Thanks for any help.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I can't remember the software number but it is available on the net with some searching... of course it is a copyrighted software. I used a laptop running vista and a usb cable from ebay. Just upload the driver, set your com port and run the software.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Cheapest place to find the programing cable (and a cd with some data on it- we don't talk about software here) is on ebay from past experience.

From my past experiences kenwood offers the most user friendly programming software. You can easily find help on youtube and google searches. Good chance you won't need help tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Plus 1 on the ease. Had never programmed a radio before in my life. Managed to set up three tk840s in under an hour...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.