Looking for side warning lights which are trigger controlled

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
I am looking for lights to add to my 2015 Durango. Please bear with me as I don't know all the terminology. I've been around a long time but am not that smart. LOL

I have a Whelen inner edge bar in the front, and a 6 module warning T/A stick in the back. All is being controlled with a Whelen PCCS-9 controller.

What I need is a 3 or 4 module light stick that can be hardwired for power and ground, and then be activated by a trigger wire from the controller. All the LED options I see on Sirennet and Strobesnmore, Fienex, etc all have just power, ground and pattern select.

Am I missing something? I have all my + wiring running to a bus bar fed by a key controlled fuse and all the - to a buss bar for ground.

Hope I explained that right and that there is something out there that I can find to use on the sides.

Chris

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I assume you want your control set up to something like
Position 1 - Rear Lights
Position 2 - Rear Lights and Side Lights
Position 3 - Rear Lights, Side Lights and Visor bar

Then use some of the individual output controls for Arrow Left, Arrow Right and Center Out?

You should be able to wire pretty much any mini-stick light to function with your PCCS by connecting the power wire to one of the outputs. The only lights I've seen with separate power feed and activation wires are full-sized lightbars.

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
Thanks for the reply. You are pretty spot on what what I am looking to do. I was under the impression that the output of the trigger wires were not enough to power a bar, but I could be mistaken. I will ty it out with an Avenger I have to see.

Thanks again for the insight.

Chris

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
If the circuit draw is calculated and low enough, the trigger itself can power that circuit, if power draw is to much, then the trigger fires a relay that allows the higher power draw to still be switched but also deliver that extra needed juice.
Also, pic or two of your Durango would be appreciated!
We love visual stimulation......:D

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
If the circuit draw is calculated and low enough, the trigger itself can power that circuit, if power draw is to much, then the trigger fires a relay that allows the higher power draw to still be switched but also deliver that extra needed juice.
Also, pic or two of your Durango would be appreciated!
We love visual stimulation......:D

Thanks for this explanation. I am ok at basic wiring, but this relay stuff confuses me. LOL

Here are pics of the Durango:

Attachments

• 61723612642__B4ED9592-DA90-458E-BB75-B9843C857159.jpg
    61723612642__B4ED9592-DA90-458E-BB75-B9843C857159.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 9
  • E7EF6A13-A413-43BA-8157-56298BC7980B.jpg
    E7EF6A13-A413-43BA-8157-56298BC7980B.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Skippy and StEaLtH2

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
Ended up getting Feniex Fusion 400 bars for the sides. They are a little bigger than needed but came out decent. Here's a walkaround video.

WHelen inner Edge XLP up front, Feniex Fusion 400 on the sides, Strobes n' more E66 in the rear hatch.

Chris

Reactions: Tango7 and StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.