Lost Brother, Master Deputy Sheriff Shane Robbins

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Lost a co-worker today. I found out while I was in court. Dude was a blast to work with. He was one of the few rarer Deputies that TRULY cared about people.

Only news article out so far... not all details are accurate. I'll update as our agency releases more information. PCSO Deputy Dies In Morning Accident

I will probably do some sort of huge promotion to get donations for his family. Edit: after reading this it makes me sick to have the word "promotion" but I will do something in order to raise donations for his family which will probably result in deep discounts to get people to donate to his family.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X4VF8QZCRBTRUlodd_shane.jpg

http://www.polksheriff.org/Pages/jrobbins.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Prayers go out to his wife, 5 children and friends.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Nic. As well as the deputy's family, friends and your brothers and sisters at the Sheriff's Department. It's a very humble and honorable thing for you to provide a donation.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
RIP.brother nick so.sorry for.your.loss.and more.so.his family. Hit.me.up I have some.thing you can use.to.raise.funds

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA

[TR=bgcolor: transparent]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]
awww.odmp.org_media_image_officer_21780_master_deputy_sheriff_shane_robbins.jpg [/TD]
[TD=bgcolor: transparent]
awww.odmp.org_media_thumb_125_agency_3160_3160.jpg [/TD]
[/TR]

[h=4]Master Deputy Sheriff[/h][h=3]Joseph "Shane" Robbins[/h]Polk County Sheriff's Office, Florida

End of Watch: Friday, April 26, 2013

[h=4]Bio & Incident Details[/h]Age: 40

Tour: 15 years

Badge # Not available

Cause: Automobile accident

Incident Date: 4/26/2013

Weapon: Not available

Suspect: Not available

· Leave a Reflection

·
Add to My Heroes

·
Update this memorial

Share this memorial:

awww.odmp.org_images_icon_email.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_printer.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_facebook.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_twitter.png

Master Deputy Sheriff Shane Robbins was killed in a single-vehicle crash on Bomber Road, near Spruce Road, at approximately 9:15 am.

He was traveling westbound when his vehicle left the roadway for unknown reasons. A nearby resident who heard the crash called 911 to report the crash and responding rescue workers extricated him from his patrol car. He was transported to Winter Haven Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Master Deputy Robbins had served with the Polk County Sheriff's Office for 15 years and was assigned to the Northeast District. He is survived by his wife and five children.

awww.odmp.org_images_stars.pngPlease contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Sheriff Grady Judd

Polk County Sheriff's Office

1891 Jim Keene Boulevard

Winter Haven, FL 33880

Read more:
Master Deputy Sheriff Joseph "Shane" Robbins, Polk County Sheriff's Office, Florida

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Sorry for your loss FEVER. They all suck, but they suck way worse when it's our family's family involved.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Thanks guys... just a look into the Shane we all knew... Shane.jpg

I have since set up a donation link on my website and made him the number one slide on my site in hopes of raising funds for his family. I'll be giving a special discount code for those who donate $20 or more.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Thoughts and prayers sent.

Nic, if there is anything they need please don't hesitate to ask.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
GPC said:
Thoughts and prayers sent.

Nic, if there is anything they need please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Doug!

I'm now selling "In Memory Of" T-Shirts. ALL profits go to the fund set up for his children.

Accessories :: Deputy Shane Robbins End of Watch Shirt -

Also, if you are on facebook make sure you "like" https://www.facebook.com/milesmarketeer?fref=ts

He has already donated $150 to the fund and has pledged $1 for each "like" he gets. Once you like it, Share it with an explanation!

Many people can't afford to donate, but everyone has a facebook. If you think about it, post a thankyou for his donation to the facebook page to let him know it matters to us!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Nic, you're doing a great thing in his memory for his family!

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family during this difficult time

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I've received 12 donations from members of this site. I cannot thank everyone enough!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.