Lot full of CHP chargers

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
probably emissions to make them slower, and less polluting.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
3 or 4 years ago CHP had a few (not sure of the total number)
Chargers. They were not happy with the reliability, so I'm surprised to hear they ordered a couple hundred of them. But I've been out of the state for a few years.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
They announced a few months ago their next round of E class vehicles would be Chargers without disclosing why/if they were suddenly sour on the Interceptor Utilities

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Frankly, I don't think visibility is as good out of the Chargers. The PIU has better visibility and more space even though it's still on the tight side and I'm not even that big a guy. The Chargers do have more trunk space than the Ford Intercepters, though, imho.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
The charger will be the authorized sedan for the Chp. The Ford utility is the authorized suv for Chp. The charger meets the weight requirements that CHP has set forward. The Ford sedan did not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.