M1225 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
I'm planning on putting a vhf m1225 radio in my truck.I was wondering if anybody knew if it was capable of running narrow band or not.

Thanks Ryan CTFD

184s.jpg

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Yes, it should.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Don't do it! those radios suck for programming!!! Get a CDM or even a spectra thats been properly recapped.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I have one in the command trailer with a agency I vollie with- it simply refuses flat out to even recognize a aftermarket rib (exact moto copy) , real Moto rib, SmartRib, and as of this current date- 5 different laptops with proper specs, 1 laptop with DOS only and from the mid 90's, and 3 different desktop PC's.

Than, we took it into a moto shop... and wouldn't you know it, same issue. I've been told some are really selective on which RSS/CPS it uses- what type of RIB, and which computer is running said RSS.

Personal experience.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
All of mine (10+) did fine on my laptop running Win98 and a Ribless cable. Never had an issue... I even have an chip to soup these bad boys up to 200+ channels! :)

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Thanks for the info guys.I cant complain i got this unit for free.my old fire dep was gonna donate it and my chief told me i could have it.So free isnt so bad i've already contacted my moto installer and he said he'll install for 50.00 along with a 1/4 mag antenna and a extra power pig tail.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I'm running this type of radio. Got two different freqs that I rarely use that are split, but can't complain any, as the few times I've used 'em, they worked fine. Programming was done by Pimp.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I have a M1225 UHF in my truck running both HAM and business band frequencies including narrowband and have never had an issue. Programmed it with aftermarket RIB and cable, using the 3.1 version software in 2 different computers, no issues at all. Great Radio!!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.