MACOM Radio Wiring Help needed

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Customer dropped off a MACOM CH721 Radio. It is a remote mount unit.

We are not familiar with this brand, in fact we have never installed one before, plenty of Motorolas, but not MACOM.

Questions is wiring. I am going to assume Red goes to battery, Black to ground, White to ignition 12 volt +?

I just need someone to confirm.

also noticing the remote head has 12 gauge wire to it, But I assume it is as a Motorola is, and just runs a few amps to power the head... So realistically we can fuse the head at 5 amps? Again, can someone confirm? If you have a manual that would be even better...

Thanks!

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
TX_Mark said:

Awesome, Just what I needed. Thankyou so much! I had been looking everywhere for that.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
You musta figured it out, but...

"CH721" is just the model number of the control head. The actual RF Deck is going to be some other model number (M7300, M5300, etc...)

99% of the time, anything with the CH721 control head gets wired like this:

Control head - Red to constant 12V, black to ground, white to ignition.

RF deck - Red to constant, black to ground, white is unused.

The ignition wire on the CH721 is what triggers the power for the control head, which signals the RF deck through the CAN cable to also turn on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.