Made my first save today...

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just thought I'd share a job I had this evening. The patient was an OD case; unresponsive upon arrival. We scooped the patient and ran and while enroute, they went asystole. I started compressions while the the EMT-B started bagging the patient; the ALS pushed a line into them to flush out the sh*t out of the patients system.

We got to the hospital where the ER staff got going on the patient and were able to establish a regular rhythm for the patient (started breathing on their own again too!)

The doctors and other ER staff attributed the save to us and the actions we took; it feels weird though, I gotta say...I never would have imagined the first time I'd actually use my skills would be linked to bringing someone back from death....

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Congrats!!

I've had 2 saves. 1 made it to the hospital, but only made it a couple days. The other is still ticking. Both were heart attacks where CPR was performed along with shocks. Unfortunately, I've been on calls where we lost them more.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I had a big save today to. I needed a new SD card and Walgreens had them marked down 50% off!!!!!

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
It kinda makes it worth the effort! Most of the time EMS personal don't get to see the results of their work. It also gives that extra boost you need when your having a crappy day.

(I once had two Cardiac Arrests in a week. Both times I knew the patient, both times they were aystole.)

Congratulations, keep up the good work!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.