Magic eraser

WPD8908

May 21, 2010
NW Ohio
Anyone ever use Mr clean magic eraser on domes.. I tried it last night and if worked really well in cleaning the domes

WPD8908

May 21, 2010
NW Ohio
Doesn't cure crazing sadly .. but the bar I recieved had a a lot of bug guts and residue on it and I didn't have to take out the polisher and the flitz . Just a little magic.. and then buffed with some polish

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I've used it as a start to cleaning process with dish soap.

But found it still leaves marks then you need to do the usual wetsanding and final buffing.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So yea or nay on this?

I'd be willing to try it out, if it doesn't damage the lenses.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
When using a Magic Eraser, you need to remember that it is an abrasive, not really magic! You should always test a small spot that won't be seen if it leaves a mark. Never start across the face of a lens or dome without testing first.

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
WPD8908 said:
Doesn't cure crazing sadly .. but the bar I recieved had a a lot of bug guts and residue on it and I didn't have to take out the polisher and the flitz . Just a little magic.. and then buffed with some polish

i found the only cure for crazing is aggressive wetsanding.

911signalusa

Nov 28, 2011
USA Florida
WPD8908 said:
Anyone ever use Mr clean magic eraser on domes.. I tried it last night and if worked really well in cleaning the domes

Great tip! I will have to remember this in the future.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
911signalusa said:
Great tip! I will have to remember this in the future.

Just remember everybody else's responce to this.

Don't need you coming back and condeming the OP on this.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I just did an entire set of Edge lenses in record time with this!! You have to polish them with Plastix or similar and the results are amazing. It does not craze the lens either! My new go-to!!

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I'm sorry, I tried this. $3.99 for a couple pads.

Doesn't do anything on the heavy grit, bug juice and other stuff.

I will stick to my wet sand and polish.

I'm sorry but there are no short cuts to making our babies look like new................

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.