Magnetic Mount mini-lightbar opinions needed

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
At work, we use the craptastic Uniforms Warehouse lightbars, all of which have experienced problems in short order. They either quit working or the LED's burn out. I would like to persuade them to get something of quality and American made.

Anyhow, I want to price and get opinions on a magnetic mount lightbar. It must be Green as its for Security. We would prefer LED due to the low power draw but may consider strobe. We wont consider rotating/halogen lightbars. The numerous Code 3 LP6100's we went through in a year turned us off to it. This light will likely say lit about 14-16 hours/day. Night shift doesnt use the lights as much but the management wants it lit during the day and afternoon shifts. It also has to be affordable, like around a few hundred bucks.

I thought about the Whelen Responder LP since it is available in green but have questions, if someone could answer:

- Whats the difference between the polycarbonate and aluminum bases?

- Which are brighter, the CON3 or LIN6 lightheads?

- I noticed some models say "Magnetic/Suction Mount" and some say "Magnet Mount." I am guessing one comes with both and the other comes with just magnets? This is going on a vehicle so I think it should be magnetic.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
the whelen responders lp lights are not a bad choice,personally i would choose the aluminum base with the lin6 light heads,the suction cup mounting is better on the veh it is 2 large suction cups with magnets in them(less damage to paint surface) over the basic mag mount. if i remember correctly when the light is ordered ,if someone more familiar with them will chime in the the lights already come with the poly base for the models with the con3 heads and the aluminum base for the lin6.. only other option i think you would have is going with a green dome or with a clear dome

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
The New Star Warning Systems Low pro M-tech lightbars are the best bang for the buck. Theyre similar to Highligher LED, except the mirrors do no face up like the highlighter, which is prone to sun fading. They have a removable optic lens for even lights pread also. Still use Gen3 LEDs, and you dont need that rediculous magnet keychain to change patterns, half the price too!

They come in green, Since theyre made here in Ontario, green is VFF, so they dont charge $10-20 extra for green since its very common.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would find the cheapest gen III 4 module LED mini bar made by a major company.... Code 3, Whelen, Federal, sound off, tomar etc...

I bet the responder LP will be that bar, but I'm not sure.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
I am not worried about the paint on the car. Its already scratched from the China bar.

I looked at SOS and really like their LED3 Mini but Green isnt available. Likewise, it seems like Green is only offered by Whelen. I looked at SVP, SOS, Tomar, Code 3, websites.

cory y

May 21, 2010
i can get a Green Sho-Me mini bar... in either the 5mm led or the Luminator heads.... green is a lil pricey though.

and i dont want to hear any shit about "oh its sho-me they suck" for what they cost and the application they are damn good.

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.